Girls' Jeans (Sizes 4 and Up)
From skinny jeans to boyfriend jeans to boot cuts, denim has grown so versatile that it caters to all body shapes and sizes. The broad detailing and color selections for girls jeans provide a multitude of options for buyers.
What jeans cut styles are there for young girls?
When shopping for kids’ denim for sizes 4 and up, learn the different cuts to avoid getting the wrong pair. One thing to focus on is what flatterers the wearer. Your size and shape will dictate the most suitable cuts, and the common ones include;
- Skinny jeans: They have an extremely tight cut that is designed to fit each body area snugly
- Straight cut: The size of the pants from top to bottom is equal, and the width is consistent from the seat to the ankles as well
- Slim jeans: They look like skinny jeans but are not cut as tightly. They are styled for wearers who want something between straight cut and skinny
- Bootcut: They are designed in such a way that they can be worn easily over boots. They have a wide bottom, which is sometimes exaggerated to form flared denim for girls
- Dungaree jeans: This is a one-piece outfit or overall
- Jeggings: This term refers to leggings made from denim. They are skintight, made to stretch, and in some designs, can have an elastic band around the ankles
How do you size girls’ jeans correctly?
When buying skinny jeans, jeggings, or denim shorts for a young girl, you should have the right measurements to avoid buying ill-fitting clothes. Note that different sizing standards are used for U.S, Europe, and international manufacturers. With accurate measurements of the wearer, you can convert them based on the skinny jeans you are getting. The first measurement to get is the natural waist, which lies about an inch above the belly button. If you intend to buy low-rise pants, then the waist will be just above the hips. Determine the length from the waist to the ankle. The right measurement will depend on how far the wearer wants them to reach. You must also measure the inside of the leg and around the hips.
How do you pick the right rise when buying denim?
The rise can determine how well a pair of girls’ jeans fit, so it must be part of your buying criteria. The rise of a pair of pants refers to the distance between the seam at the crotch to the top of the waistband. It is what makes a pair of skinny jeans look more proportionate on the wearer.
- High-rise pants are made with a high waistline and are, therefore, suitable for girls with long legs. It is Seen in skinny jeans and jeggings.
- Mid-rise skinny jeans and jeggings are worn on the natural waist or just below it. They are the most versatile type in terms of body shape and size.
- Low-rise jeans are designed to rest snugly above the hips. The style of clothing is common in hipsters or boot cuts.