Newborn to 5T Dresses for Girls
Dresses can make little girls look and feel magical. They are available in an assortment of colors and heart-melting styles. Whether it's for a casual outing for your newborn baby girl or a holiday event for your cute toddler, the guide below will help you choose the right dress for the occasion.How do you choose girls dresses for a baby or toddler?
For a baby girl or for toddler girls, first consider the occasion for which your little girl will wear the dress. Although many baby and toddler dresses are versatile, knowing which style of clothing is appropriate will help narrow down your choices. When shopping for a girls dress, you may find it helpful to keep these tips in mind:
- Newborn and toddler girls play-date dresses: Options for play-date dresses are casual dresses with ample room to run and play such as a shift or A-line dress.
- Newborn and toddler girls birthday dresses: As the guest of honor, your baby girl deserves to feel special. For your toddler's birthday, you might dress her in clothes made of ruffles or lace. Otherwise, you could opt for a floral or print A-line dress with a sash or bow.
- Newborn and toddler girls church dresses: Religious gatherings tend to be on the conservative side, so you may consider a simple muted color girls' dress.
- Newborn and toddler girls holiday dresses: Choose a dress with mesmerizing embellishments or a tutu underneath to make holidays more festive for your infant or toddler.
Your child will go through many stages from birth to toddlerhood. Usually, the size of clothes corresponds to the child's age. Infant clothing ranges from newborn to 18 months while toddler girls sizes range from 2T to 5T. Still, it is wise to take your baby or toddler's measurements. Follow the steps below to have the necessary measurements when you choose clothes for your little girls:
- Measure the area first when measuring infant and toddler girls for size.
- Measure your baby or toddler's waist starting at the belly button.
- Place the tape at the back of the neck between the shoulders to measure the length of the dress. Then, mark the proper length.
- Compare the measurements to the size chart of the dress you prefer.
- Consider your child's weight when choosing outfits. If she is smaller or larger than other girls her age, you may need to purchase a size up or down.
There are girls dresses made of year-round fabric like satin or polyester. However, factors like size and the occasion can make it difficult to find girls dresses that offer comfort throughout the year. The right fabric choice will keep your baby or toddler comfortable, and you might find the following information about materials helpful:
- Spring and summer girls dresses: Lightweight fabrics such as cotton, rayon, and linen allow the air to flow, keeping your child cool on warm spring and hot summer days.
- Fall and winter girls dresses: Thicker fabrics like fleece, velvet, and wool block the air, so your baby or toddler stays warm when it's cold.