Girbaud Men's Jeans
Marithe + Francois Girbaud is a French-based international clothing company founded in 1969. Designers and stylists Marithe Bachellerie and Francois Girbaud established goals to design and sell casual clothing for men and women, including denim jeans and specifically stonewashed, baggy, and slim jeans. Partners Marithe and Francois married after founding the company.What styles of men's jean are made by Girbaud?
Girbaud began making faded jeans in the late 1960s by using local laundries. Vintage styles from Girbaud date from the late ’60s to early ’80s. Styles launched in the ’70s and ’80s included X-pocket and baggy looks, including "Flashdance" styles. African-Cut jeans were an early, loose-fitting urban look. Some other Girbaud styles include:
- Hip Hop - Hip hop styles include striping and extra-wide legs and seat, along with deep front and rear pockets.
- Slim - Slim styles from the ’80s and ’90s may have flat fronts and button flies.
- Baggy - Baggy jeans may be made from denim, dyed cotton, or synthetic iridescent fabrics.
- Shuttle Tape - Shuttle tape jeans feature striped contrast details in red or camo.
Girbaud jeans are made from 100% cotton, or 50-50 cotton and polyester blends. Slim jeans may be made from cotton and elastane. The brand also makes jeans from Japanese and Italian denim. Details may include contrast stitching, leather patches, and camo insets. Interior lining may include contrasting Girbaud cotton and decorative embroidery.
- Jeans made from Japanese 3/1 Twill contain 98% cotton and 2% elastane.
- Raw brut jeans material contains 92% cotton, 6% polyester, and 2% elastane.
- Stretch express material contains 80% polyamide and 20% elastane.
- Denim may be 100% cotton or a cotton/poly blend.
Girbaud is credited with the first use of stonewashing for jeans in the 1970s. Since 2003, Francois Girbaud has developed techniques for denim recycling, laser, and ozone jean processing which do not require water. The brand's "Wattwash" finishes are produced with a laser and require no water or non-biodegradable laundry materials.Which sizes are offered in Marithe Francois Girbaud Jeans?
Girbaud jeans are offered in Italian and U.S. sizes. Italian jean sizes may range from 46 to 56 IT. U.S. jean sizes range from 30 to 40 waist sizes. Lengths range from 30 to 34 and may include .5 increments. The brand offers some tall and big options in selected styles in waist sizes beginning at 42.How do Girbaud jeans fit?
Architectural styles may fit closely to the body. The baggy silhouette, launched by the brand in the 1970s, offers very loose-fitting construction with wide legs, lowered crotch, and pockets. Styles with elastane may offer a body-conscious fit with room for movement.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Girbaud.