GAP Women's Fragrance
Choosing the right scent can leave a lasting impression for special occasions, everyday use, or a day at the office. GAP offers women's fragrances in several bottle sizes and scents. With so many scents from which you can choose, knowing how to narrow your GAP perfume search may prove useful.What fragrance types does GAP offer?
The company produces several scent types. You will find some of the primary types on the list below.
- Eau de Cologne
- Eau de Parfum
- Eau de Toilette
GAP gives names to each of their product lines. Some of the common lines you will find include the following:
- Cashmere Mist
Different fragrance types react with your skin in different ways. With so many selections to choose from in each type, it's important to understand how they differ from one another before you make the choice that suits your needs. These differences depend primarily on the concentration of oil in the alcohol and water mixture.
- Eau Fraiche is the most diluted version, containing between 1-3% oil.
- Eau de Cologne contains 2-4% of perfume oils in the overall solution.
- Eau de Toilette has between 5-15% of the pure solution dissolved in alcohol.
- Eau de Parfum holds between 15-20% of the scent in a given solution.
- Perfume itself is the most concentrated form, containing 20-30% of the pure essence.
If you prefer to make your selection based on how long you'd like the perfume to stay with you, you can follow the general guidelines below. Speaking generally, the weaker concentrations of fragrance will linger the least amount of time and vice versa. Because many factors can influence how long a scent remains with you, this list is only an approximate guide.
- Eau Fraiche should typically linger for under one hour.
- Eau de Cologne usually lasts for approximately two hours.
- Eau de Toilette typically stays for around three hours.
- Eau de Parfum can last up to 8 hours.
The company manufactures different bottle sizes to meet a variety of needs. Some of their bottles are small enough to fit into a purse, case, or travel bag. GAP manufactures women's fragrance bottles in the following common sizes:
- Sample sizes
- Bottles of less than 1 ounce
- Bottles ranging from 1 ounce to 5 ounces