Frye Boots for Women
When it comes to Western wear, the boots can make or break an outfit. Boots come in short, mid-calf, and tall lengths, making them a versatile choice for most types of outfits. Frye is a brand that dates back to 1863 that offers a diverse selection of boots for women.
What types of boots does Frye make?
Frye offers many looks in addition to cowboy, Western, and riding styles. Shoe selections include knee-high dress boots, stacked heels, and soft suede ankle boots. Mid-calf heights can be worn with dresses or slim jeans. Mid-heels pair easily with pants.
- Cowboy and Western styles: Look for tooled leather, pointed toes, and stacked mid-heels in pull-on cowboy looks. Frye's retro looks come in colors from dark to light brown, red, black, and more. The brand's cowboy boot can be worth with jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses.
- Harness boots: The company introduced the Harness shoe for men in the 1960s. Women also liked the U.S. cavalry-inspired ring-and-leather Harness. Frye's Harness shoes come in ankle- to knee-height pull-on versions with mid-height stacked heels as well as clogs.
- Frye booties: Western and city leather booties are available with flat, low, medium, and high heels. You can find wedges, side zip, and pull-on choices. Colors include black, brown, cordovan, burgundy, soft beige, and gray. The classic '90s engineer style has calf straps with brass detailing.
How do you pick the right fit?
Frye boots are sturdily constructed. Once you break them in, they conform to your unique footprint. Make sure that your foot has enough room to accommodate socks but is also snug enough to comfortably wear the boots without them. Consider buying half a size larger than your usual size or a whole size up if you plan to wear your shoes with heavy wool or cotton socks.
What are some looks and choices Frye offers?
Equestrian boots for women can feature one- or two-tone leather. A duck shearling-lined boot and laced combat boot are also available.
- Colors: The classic Frye cowboy or equestrian boot is available in many shades of brown from light tan to nearly black. The brand’s street and city boots for women come in black, brown, red, green, white, gray, and other fashion colors.
- Trim styles and detailing: Many classic Frye boots for women are simply styled with no exterior metal trim, buckles, or studs. The company also carries vintage tooled leather cowboy boots as well as studded fashion booties with a silver-look metallic trim and fringe.
- Fuller calf barrels and wide widths: Frye boot construction tends to run narrow. If you have wider feet or a wider than average calf, look for wide-width options. Some of the knee-high styles feature wider calves or side vents.
Can you get vintage Frye boots?
There are vintage boots available in many styles and colors. You can find vintage Frye boots in cowboy, Western, riding, and laced looks. The appearance and color of some types of leather improve with age. Frye vintage boots also come in distressed styles and unique colors.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Frye.