Free People Dresses for Women
Free People is a line of clothing for women that designs their apparel for a bohemian look. The style of garments is considered to have a feminine flair. They also offer other products that focus on the bohemian lifestyle.What is the Free People brand?
Richard Hayne began this business in the 1970s when he opened a store named Free People in Philadelphia. He soon opened a second store, changing the name to Urban Outfitters. In 1984, the fashion design line was again named Free People.What are some design elements of Free People dresses?
The fashion line offers clothes for women that pays homage to the bohemian style as well as influences of the past. Some design elements include floral prints, flowing silhouettes, appliques, embroidery, and draping fabric. Clothing items vary from sweaters and tunics to lighter garments like slip dresses and floral prints on dresses. A few of the dresses made by Free People are described below:
- Free People white cotton off-the-shoulder Boho peasant dress:This dress is 100% cotton. It has short sleeves that can be worn on or off the shoulder. The hemline falls just below the knee.
- Free People Heart of Gold Dress: The mixed black and white print gives a bohemian look to this dress. It has a beaded drawstring empire waist, three-quarter length bell sleeves, and a swingy baby doll silhouette.
- Free People She Moves Maxi Dress: This is a full-length maxi slip dress with a thigh-high slit and a V-neck. It’s made from a poly/spandex blend fabric in a berry color that shimmers and moves with the wearer.
Free People makes a very wide variety of dresses that come in all kinds of styles and cuts. Some of what they offer include the following types of dresses:
- Mini dresses: Free People’s mini dresses range from super short to almost knee-length.
- Maxi dresses The maxi dresses offered by Free People run a gamut from loose and flowing to tight bodycon styles.
- Sweater dresses: Free People’s sweater dresses run a range from what seem to be just extra-long sweaters to crocheted slip dresses to tight knit maxis.
- Fit and flare dresses: These dresses have one thing in common: they have somewhat fitted bodices with a skirt that flares out from the waist (whether natural or empire).
- Day dresses: The majority of dresses in this category feature flowing skirts and a casual silhouette.
Free People dresses come in a range of sizes, and different styles may fit slightly differently. The best thing to do is take your measurements, then use the size charts provided on Free People’s website. The charts give specific information about their size ranges for different garments. Further, they give this information as it matches to the standard sizes in numerous countries.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Free People.