Selecting Your Complete Ford Diesel Car or Truck Engine on eBay
Maybe you are restoring a Ford truck and need a good replacement engine. Or maybe you need an older engine for car parts. Either way, you can find a range of affordable complete Ford diesel engines on eBay.The IDI engine is a piece of Ford history
This is an engine found in Ford trucks made from 1982 to 1993. Due to age, it may be difficult to find one of these in pristine condition. However, you may have better luck looking for one being sold for parts. This is an engine whose capacity varied based on year produced. As you shop for used Ford diesel engines for sale, here are the IDI engines to look for:
- 6.9 IDI: This engine suits Ford trucks made from 1982 to 1987.
- 7.3 IDI: This powerful engine came standard in trucks made from 1987 to 1993.
- 7.3 IDT: This engine was briefly used for trucks made from 1993 to 1994.
The IDIT series, which began production in 1993, offers a turbo option. This 7.3 L engine performs well, although it was not as successful as the Powerstroke options sold starting in the middle of 1994.The Powerstroke engine series for Fords
If you are a Ford truck enthusiast, the Powerstroke engine series created new possibilities. If you are in search of a complete 6.0 Powerstroke engine for sale, you likely will find that these engines abound on the market. Even early Powerstroke engines boast an output of over 200 hp. If you want extra power, a 7.3L Powerstroke offers even more power than the usual 6.4 Powerstroke engine for sale.Considering new versus used engines
As you shop for engines on eBay, you likely will find that listings offer everything from used engines to those in almost-new condition. Depending on your needs, a new or used 6.4 Powerstroke engine for sale may suit you better. Here are some things to consider before buying:
- New Ford diesel engines for sale are difficult to find. However, a lightly used version is likely to work well for a rebuild project.
- When engine shopping for used Ford engines, be sure to assess the amount of wear on an engine. This is especially important if you want an engine that is in safe and working condition.
- For-parts engines are used for replacement spares. Many of these engines, especially those from older trucks, are sold for parts. If you are adept at working on cars and need replacement parts for your engine, this can be a cost-effective option.