Folkmanis Hand Puppets
Folkmanis produces a range of hand and finger puppets that includes a wide variety of animals, mythical creatures, and characters. The hand puppets are plush creatures that can be controlled by either hands or fingers on the inside. They are often used in storytelling or as part of imaginative playtime games.What are the different types of Folkmanis puppets?The different Folkmanis puppets include:
- Hand puppets: Folkmanis hand puppets are similar to stuffed animals, but they have an opening where your hand or hands can be inserted to control the puppet. They are available in a wide array of creatures and characters.
- Finger puppets: Finger puppets are similar to hand puppets but are smaller, generally being controlled by only one or two fingers. Folkmanis has fewer animals for finger puppets than for hand puppets, especially when it comes to mythical creatures.
- Little puppets: Little puppets are usually just a head and neck, with the hand being inserted at the base of the neck to control mouth movement.
Folkmanis puppets come in a wide range of creatures and animals, including:
- Barnyard animals: Including pigs, cows, and chickens.
- Forest creatures: Bears, foxes, rabbits, squirrels, and deer.
- Household pets: Including a variety of cats and dogs.
- Exotic animals: Camels, bats, elephants, and giraffes.
- Fantastical beasts: Including dragons and dinosaurs.
- Insects: Bees, ladybugs, spiders, and more.
Sea creatures, birds, alligators, and monkeys are also available.
Folkmanis hand puppets are recommended for children ages three and above. However, older people can play with them as well.How do you care for Folkmanis puppets?
Folkmanis puppets are surface-washable. They should never be completely submerged in water. Lukewarm water and a mild detergent can be used for spot cleaning your finger or hand puppets.
Wet and lather a sponge or cloth and wipe the soiled area. Try to avoid rubbing. Avoid wringing or twisting your puppet, as this can cause stretching or lumping.
Gently press your puppet between towels to dry, or hang it from a clothesline to air dry. Once it is dry, shake out your puppet.
Long-haired plush puppets can be refreshed by a vigorous shaking. Combing or brushing long-haired puppets is not recommended. Short-haired plush puppets can be brushed with a soft brush. Don't brush the eyes and ears of these puppets. Wipe them with a damp cloth.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Folkmanis.