Adding a Flugelhorn to Your Ensemble Can Help Increase Its Depth of Sound
A flugelhorn is a trumpet-like instrument that can produce a slightly darker, richer sound and help bring depth to a brass ensemble. So, whether you are an experienced trumpeter or simply looking to get into playing an instrument, there are many things to consider when shopping for an affordable flugelhorn for sale. Keep reading to learn more about buying a new or used flugelhorn on eBay.Choose the right flugelhorn for sale
Following these simple steps can help you make an informed decision.
- Brand: Shop a variety of brands before you make a decision. Each can have its own sound. Yamaha, Couesnon, and Blessing are brands that are commonly available on eBay.
- Valves: Decide if you want three or four valves on your instrument. Flugels are widely available in both styles. The fourth valve can help you keep your instrument in tune.
- Finishes: Finishes vary on these instruments. Some are silver, while others have a brass or even black appearance.
There are special cases that are designed for flugelhorns. They can have a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and features. Here are some of the more common ones:
- Hinged lids: Some come with hinged lids that open automatically when the latches are opened. This can make getting your instrument in and out of the case easier.
- Wheeled case: You might also find a nice case with wheels for sale. So, go ahead and load your supplies and music into the case and just pull it along behind you.
- Hard and soft cases: There are both hard and soft-sided cases for sale to carry your flugelhorn.
The finish on your flugel can impact the sound it produces. In general, models with a silver finish tend to produce a brighter sound, more similar to a trumpet than a brass finish. If you are looking for a slightly darker sound, look for a flugelhorn for sale with a brass or lacquered finish.What should you know about buying a used flugelhorn for sale?
Buying a preowned flugelhorn offers you a variety of benefits, some of which include the following:
- Cost savings: Buying a used flugel can help you save money over buying a new one and may allow you to purchase a brand that would be too expensive new.
- Condition: Because musical instruments are generally handled carefully, you can often find a used model in good condition.
- Edition: If you are looking for a special or collector’s edition, then buying used may be the only way to go.