Mercedes-Benz S500 Floor Mats and Carpets
Car floor mats play an important role in keeping your vehicle's carpets clean. This is more important when you have a luxury car, such as a Mercedes-Benz S500.What are the advantages of floor mats?
- The main purpose of floor mats is to protect the interior of your Mercedes-Benz from things like wear and salt corrosion.
- Mercedes-Benz floor mats are also easier to clean.
- Floor mats keep the floors in good condition, no matter what your long-term plans are for your vehicle.
- There are also cargo liners that go in the trunk and protect the flooring there.
Many mats are made out of a combination of different materials, however, rubber is a common material for Mercedes-Benz mats. The mat can be entirely rubber or just rubber on the underside. The other material car mats are made from is carpet fabric, with some mats having grooves to help capture water, salt, dirt, and other substances. Additionally, the mats may have spikes or other protrusions from the bottom to prevent the mats from moving around or some have fixation points to keep them in place.How do you clean floor mats?
Floor mats for the Mercedes-Benz are designed to be cleaned with ease. Follow these steps:
- Remove the mats from the vehicle as this helps to prevent water and soap damage to your Mercedes-Benz.
- Shake the mats to dislodge dirt. In many cases, this might be all you need to do to remove surface debris.
- Vacuum the floor mats to remove dirt that has worked its way deeper into the mat.
- Use rug shampooers, soap, and water to clean them. Baking soda can also help remove odors.
- Be sure the car mats are dry before placing them back in your Mercedes-Benz.
Although there is no set amount of time you should expect to go between changes, you should replace mats when they are worn. However, do so in advance of your current floor mats beginning to wear.Do mats have to be a specific size?
Many mats are universal and designed to fit a number of different car models and types. However, do be aware of the dimensions of the foot areas in your Mercedes-Benz S500, as well as any other information about your current mats as it will affect the fit. This information can include the size of pedals and other protrusions.