Ford Windstar Floor Mats and Carpets
Floor mats might not be an integral part of the performance of your Ford Windstar, but they do offer aesthetics and practical applications. Mats can help to keep the interior clean-looking longer. Understanding the options will allow you to choose mats that meet your needs based on what goes on inside your minivan.Where are floor mats located?
Floor mats can be located all over the vehicle. You may want to replace a single mat or ones throughout.
- Driver front
- Passenger front
- Second row
- Cargo area
You will find that floor mats are made from various materials. How they're cleaned will depend on the material. If you have pets or kids that go into the car, you might want to choose a material that is easy to keep clean. Rubber mats are easy to clean and can be taken out and hosed down. Carpet mats can be vacuumed and spot-treated or shampooed like regular carpet if heavily soiled.What are the color options?
You will typically want to choose floor mats that go with the existing carpet in your vehicle. The interior colors can vary by model year. Some available color options include:
Depending on the type of mat, they will stay in place using different methods. Many rubber mats have plastic bristles on the back that adhere to the carpet in place. It ensures that they don't shift easily. Carpeted floor mats will often have a grommet hole in the corners that will affix to posts mounted on the floor of the vehicle. The posts will ensure that the mats cannot be easily lifted from place. You should review how they affix to the floor before buying new mats.How do you buy Ford Windstar floor mats?
There are a few details to decide on when buying floor mats for your Ford Windstar.
- Model year: The model year will ensure you get the right size to fit your car.
- Features: Review the features that are important, such as being rubber, heavy duty, or containing the Ford logo.
- Set: Determine if you need a single mat or a full set to go throughout the minivan.
- OEM vs aftermarket: Determine if you want a genuine Ford part or one of the many aftermarket brands.
- Trimmable or perfect fit: There are floor mats that you can trim to fit the space or buy ones that will provide a perfect fit for the designated location.