Fitness Activity Trackers
Wearable fitness trackers help users monitor their heart rates, sleep cycles, step counts, and more. Theyre a simple, effective way to keep track of vital health stats, which helps people improve their quality of life. There are many fitness trackers available on the market, ranging from basic to high-tech.
How do fitness trackers work?
Most trackers are tethered to a wristband and are equipped with sensors that monitor and track data while you wear them. They can keep track of information such as how many calories you burn or hours of sleep you get.
What are the main features of fitness trackers?
Each tracker has its own individual features. Here are a few common ones:
- GPS: GPS capabilities help users monitor their current location, which comes in handy for runners who want to track their daily miles and running routes.
- Gyroscope: This feature can automatically determine whether youre swimming, biking, or reclining.
- Barometer: The barometer feature can track the wearers altitude. This helps wearers to track how many flights of stairs they climb every day.
- Magnetometer: This feature detects the direction in which wearers are moving.
- Accelerometer: This sensor tracks the number of steps taken during the day.
- Heart rate monitor: This allows a user to track their heart rate throughout the day.
- Caloric consumption: Many devices allow you to input your daily calorie intake, which can help you to stay on track to meeting your health goals. Some activity trackers are connected to apps like MyFitnessPal while others have their own input systems.
- Skin temperature: Some devices act as on-the-go thermometers for your wrist, allowing the wearer to track changes in their body temperature.
What are the different types of trackers?
- All-day trackers: These are ideal for people who want to track their vital stats all day long. They offer sleep tracking, step counting, active-minutes monitoring, floors climbed tracking, and other useful features.
- Activity trackers: These are geared toward exercisers who want to track things like mileage, breathing patterns, swimming-pool lap times, and heart rates. Many of them can be customized to suit a particular activity, such as biking or golfing.
What are some fitness tracker brands?
Some fitness tracker brands include the following: Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone, and Withings. Well-known models include the Fitbit Charge 2, the Garmin Vivosmart 3, the Samsung Gear Fit 2, the Fitbit Blaze, and the Jawbone UP3. New models are being released all the time, many with state-of-the-art features to compete with other smartwatch products, so its important to keep an eye on new product releases.