How to Choose Men's Hats
Hats make a man look more elegant and dapper. With hats making a comeback, more and more men are hitting the net in search of guides on how to select the perfect Filson hat and the coolest way to accessorize their outfits with them. Hats are a fashion statement, and as such, one should be careful when purchasing a certain hat style and size.
Does my face shape matter when selecting a Filson men's hat?
There are dozens of different hat styles available. From fedoras, wool caps, packer hats, hunting hats, caps, etc., the list is extensive. No one hat suits all. This is why it is imperative to first assess your face shape before making any purchase. Is your face round, oval, square, round? For those who are uncertain, just look into a mirror and study its basic form - or draw an outline on the mirror and evaluate the shape. Remember to try on your headwear to gauge its size.
- Long, thin face - Here, you'll need to select a hat that will broaden your face and shorten it at the same time. A snapback hat or hats with wide brims, such as flat caps are ideal.
- Oval, round face - If this is your face shape, then you are in luck as you can pretty much pull off any cap style. However, steer clear of snapbacks and full rimmed caps.
- Square face - Opt for caps that are less structured and boxy. Something with a rounded crown will suit you.
- Top-heavy face - Anyone with a broader head at the top should purchase a Filson fedora or a straw boater cap.
- Hat for all - a beanie is a safe option for any face shape.
Which Filson hat material should I select for different seasons?
Seasons play a significant role when picking the perfect headwear. Different climates and weather conditions should be a factor to consider.
The ideal materials for cooler weather include:
- Thick cotton canvas
- Knit acrylic
There are some other notable features that Filson men's caps for winter should have including:
- Inner lining
- Water repellent
These features mentioned above are also ideal for anyone looking for a hunting cap.
For a warmer climate, consider these materials:
Some great features to look out for in summer hats include:
- Moisture wicking
- Be insulated
How can I prolong the life of my Filson's men's hat?
Some necessary precautionary measures one can take to extend the lifespan of a cap includes:
- When caught in a rainstorm, allow your headwear to air dry
- Turn the sweatband out when wet
- Do not leave your Filson hat in a hot car
- Always handle your packer hat by its brim and not the crown
- Wipe off the dirt using a damp cloth in a counter-clockwise motion
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Filson.