Filson Duffle Bags
Filson duffle bags come in a variety of different styles. Sizes, materials, and construction differ depending on the particular design. The duffle bags can accommodate a variety of uses and functions ranging from travel to everyday use.What styles of Filson bags are available?
Filson makes twill, 48-hour, Pullman suitcase, field, ballistic, and rolling designs of duffles.
- Large, medium, and small twill designs are made from twill. The medium-sized duffle is designed to accommodate airline flights as a carry-on piece of luggage. Straps are made from leather and are removable. They wrap around the design to support its weight. The bags feature two interior pockets for storing essentials separate from the rest of cargo.
- The 48-hour design includes solid brass zipper, stow, and utility pockets in different places to store different necessities. Dry cover cloth lines the inside of the bag. Two bridle leather handles wrap around the design and are supplemented by an optional shoulder strap. The bag is made of tin cloth, which is coated.
- The Pullman suitcase is named for its ability to fit under the seat of a Pullman railroad car. The shape is rectangular, structured with rounded edges. Elastic packing straps are located inside the bag. This bag is also suitable for using as an airline carry-on item of luggage.
- The field bag is made of the same fabric as the twill bag. Webbed straps wrap around the design for carrying purposes.
- The ballistic bag is made from nylon. There are a variety of different pockets, optional backpack straps, and a hidden laptop compartment. The bag is made for a range of different environments, including field, city, and school.
- The rolling design is similar to Filson’s standard design except that wheels are attached to one end so that the bag can be tipped and rolled rather than carried. Most of the rolling design's other qualities remain the same.
Refer to the instructions inside the bag for most efficient care tips. Care will depend on the specific type of material utilized in bag construction. Feel free to dry brush the Filson duffle to remove dirt and dust. The ability to use water as part of the cleaning process will depend on whether or not leather is included in the design. Most Filson designs can be wiped down with a warm, damp, soft cloth to remove stains. They may need rewaxing at some point in order to restore the original quality.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Filson.