Fendi Women’s Handbags and Purses
For nearly a century, Fendi handbags, from shoulder strap to the stylish "F" pattern, have been synonymous with Italian fashion. Founded in 1925 as a workshop for fur and leather goods, Fendi has grown to a global fashion powerhouse. For many women, a Fendi handbag, shoulder bag, or clutch—whether vintage or contemporary—is their fashion statement of choice, featuring quality craftsmanship and unique designs such as the Baguette, Peekaboo, and 2Jours bag.What are some features of Fendi handbags?
Fendi makes handbags, shoulder bags, backpacks, and purses from fine-condition Italian leathers and century-old handcrafting bag techniques drawn from Italian saddlers. Besides the instantly recognizable Fendi bag logo and its signature parchment-colored leather, Fendi today is marked by the playful bag designs of world-renowned designers Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini Fendi. Bags such as the Baguette and Peekaboo are testament to the timelessness of Fendi bag designs.How do you know if your handbag is genuine?
Before you invest your money, make sure your Fendi bag is the real thing:
- Stitching: Stitching should be perfectly straight and even, and precisely match the color of the bag.
- Canvas: On Fendi’s signature canvas bag patterns, the Zucca and Zucchino, the Fs are perfectly spaced throughout the bag and never touch or appear at an angle.
- Logo: The Fendi logo is always engraved into the leather, not printed on its surface.
- Hardware: On the Baguette bag buckle, the arms of the Fs should extend less than halfway across, and the word FENDI should be engraved on the side of the handbag. On the 2Jours handbags, the metal bars at the top of the bag should be affixed with four screws featuring hexagonal drives.
- Serial number: All Fendi bags made after 1980 have a serial number in one of three places: stamped on the lining, on a leather tag sewn in an interior bag side seam, or stamped beneath the interior label. Serial numbers are 15 to 17 digits long, and the middle numbers will match numbers on the bag authenticity card (if available).
- Authenticity cards: Fendi usually provides authenticity cards made of leather, whose numbers should match the middle portion of the serial number on the bag.
- Hologram: Newer Fendi bags have a hologram affixed to a fabric tag stating authenticity. Look for a highly detailed holographic image on the bag. Note that the holograms are encoded and can be read with a special scanner for absolute proof the bag is genuine.