Harley-Davidson Road King Motorcycle Fenders
While your Harley-Davidson Road King is made for tough touring adventures, variable terrain and other factors could expose the motorcycle to potentially damaging conditions. You can protect your Road King bike with a set of fender and other protective accessories. With these parts, you can safeguard the quality of your Harley Davidson for a longer cycle mileage.What are Harley-Davidson Road King motorcycle fenders?
Harley-Davidson fenders for the Road King are used to cover the wheel area of the motorcycle. The purpose of the Road King fender is primarily to prevent debris and water from being thrown upwards when the wheel comes into contact with these materials. When driving fast, materials tend to get lodged in the tires, and without a fender, stones and other hard items could hit the driver, the engine, the windshield or any part of the motorcycle. A typical kit comes with the fender set and mounting hardware.What are the different types of Harley-Davidson fenders?
Harley-Davidson and its cruiser models such as the Road King FLHR, FLHRC, and Harley Road Glide are noted for their classic styling and engine performance. There are Road King fenders that are designed for these units, whether your cycle is just for a leisure cruise on the street or for tougher touring adventures.
- Basic Fender Kit - A basic Roadking fender kit comes with a separate rear and front piece that provides ample coverage for the tires. Each unit is molded to follow the wheel contour of the Harley bike. Most basic fender kits are already pre-drilled and are purchased inclusive of the mounting hardware.
- Saddlebag Kit - This Road King kit provides extensive coverage for your bike. The kit includes a stretched storage carrier and fender combo. While the carriers are fitted on both rear sides of the unit, the design does not compromise the turning ability of the rider.
Whether you prefer an OEM or aftermarket fender, the following elements should be considered when selecting a Harley-Davidson fender for your Road King.
- State Standards - Most jurisdictions or states require motorcycles to have a fender. Check with your dealer if the Road King fender complies with your state motor regulations.
- Fender Materials - These Harley-Davidson kits are designed to withstand tough road environments so fenders are often made with a combination of fiberglass, rubber, steel or aluminum. In the case of stretched fenders, the storage components have leather enhancements in keeping with the classic Harley-Davidson look.
- Overall Style - Depending on your preference, you can choose from a separate rear and front fender style or saddlebag fender model for your Harley-Davidson. There are Road King fender kits inlaid with chrome, steel studs, and other decorative trim. Other Harley-Davidson fender kits are integrated with custom LED braking lights. Colors also vary from single to two-tone paint fender kits.