Bangle bracelets are a style staple for just about any jewelry collection. Bangles are available in a vast array of styles and materials, offering many looks to accompany your outfits. You can wear bangle bracelets alone, or layer them for added depth to your style.What is a bangle bracelet?
A bangle bracelet is a solid, ring-shaped bracelet that slides over the hand without a closure. Bangles are designed to slip over your hand without sliding off too easily. These bracelets move freely up and down the wrists and, depending on their thickness, can be worn with one or several other bracelets on the same arm.What materials are bangles made from?
Bangles are made from a wide assortment of materials. The choices are many, so let your personal style can guide your selection. Some options for bangle construction include:
- Sterling Silver: Sterling silver is an alloy consisting of 92.5% pure silver. Sterling silver jewelry will have a .925 stamp, usually located on the inner side.
- Gold: Gold is a soft metal and comes in different purities, measured in karats. This rating is often stamped on the piece. The higher the number, the higher the purity of the metal. You will typically find 10, 14, 18, and 24 karat gold. You can also choose bangles made of various gold-colored materials or opt for gold-plated options.
- White Gold: White gold is yellow gold which has been coated with another metal alloy, usually rhodium, to give it the white color. This option can be a good choice if you prefer gold jewelry over silver but want a more silver-toned look for your collection.
Bangles can also be adorned with nearly any type of embellishments and decorative elements. You can go as simple or as intricate as you like, and your entire look and vibe can be changed with a few bangles.
- Precious and Semi-Precious Gemstones: With choices that include diamonds, sapphires, rubies, emeralds, rose quartz, and amethyst, you can find many gemstone-adorned bangles. Bangle bracelets can have one single focal stone, or be covered in jewels. Most stones on bangles are glued on or set into facets.
- Charms: Charms are another way to personalize your bangle bracelets. Initials, important symbols, or just things you find pretty can all decorate a bangle. Charms can also be made from different materials. Gold, sterling silver, and pewter are just a handful of choices for bangle charm bracelets.
- Fabrics: Fabrics are a fun and creative way to add some character to your bangle bracelets. Many bangles are wrapped in fabric or have decorative swatches tied on.