Nissan Altima Car Exterior Mirrors
There's nothing like the freedom of having the open road in front of you in your Nissan Altima. Staying safe when you're on that open road, though, requires knowing not just what is in front of you but behind and to the sides of you as well. That is why it's important to have side-view mirrors that are in top-notch condition at all times.What are the features of a Nissan Altima side-view mirror?
Your Nissan Altima's exterior mirrors are designed and equipped to provide you with protection in all driving situations. Even if your vehicle is equipped with crash detection and avoidance features, your mirrors still give you the extra level of safety you need to be able to drive your Nissan Altima with confidence.
- Aerodynamic design: The sleek design of your side-view mirrors ensures that they will cause as little drag as possible, leading to exceptional fuel economy.
- Large size: The generously sized mirrors ensure nothing is out of your view no matter where around you the object is located.
- Oversized lip: A large lip hanging over the mirror surface reduces glare and cuts down on accumulation of snow and other precipitants.
- Fine-tuned: The mirror motor is synced perfectly with the driver controls to ensure you can adjust the mirror on the Altima to match your exact needs.
Before you consider what type of mirror to buy, remember this easy-to-overlook distinction: left or right. While it may seem obvious, you must ensure you select the mirror, either passenger's or driver's side, that matches what you need. Although they are symmetrical, they are not interchangeable.
Beyond that distinction, you can choose between generic aftermarket replacement mirrors or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM mirrors), for your Nissan Altima. Aftermarket mirrors typically are produced in a matte black color. An alternative is a chrome overlay to give your side-view mirror a classic car look. OEM mirrors can also be purchased new or second-hand, in any color you like.How do you replace exterior mirrors on a Nissan Altima?
Replacing your side-view mirrors on your Nissan Altima is a straightforward process.
- Remove the interior door panel by removing the bolts holding it in place, then popping out the plastic clips. After freeing the panel, make sure to remove the electrical harnesses before setting it aside.
- Disconnect the electrical harness for the mirror.
- Remove the bolts holding the side-view mirror in place, then slide the mirror off, and slide the electrical connection through the attachment hole.
- Install the new mirror by sliding it into place, reinstalling the bolts, and reconnecting the electrical harness.
- Test the mirror for correct operation, and then reinstall the door panel of your Nissan Altima by reversing the procedure you used to remove it.