Car Exterior Mirrors for Hyundai Sonata
The side view mirrors for your Hyundai Sonata play an important role in road safety. When you need to replace these mirrors, there are many options that are compatible with your vehicle. Here are some questions that may come up when selecting exterior mirror auto parts.What features are available for your Hyundai Sonata?
There are many features that you may find helpful when looking for exterior mirrors.
- Heated glass is common on mirrors set up for winter climates. These mirrors have heater elements that help keep the mirrors clear of ice.
- Auto-dimmers have a gel between two layers of glass that is electrically conductive. When sensors detect bright lights behind your car, a charge is applied to the gel, which darkens the glass and reduces glare.
- On some exterior mirrors, your Hyundai Sonata can also have lane change detection built into them. These work with camera sensors to warn you when it detects objects in your blind spot by lighting up an LED on the mirror.
- Memory settings on some mirrors allow you to preset the position of the mirrors and can be useful when there are multiple drivers.
There are a variety of glass types used in the side view mirrors. Convex glass is typically used on the passenger side and is curved to provide a greater field of view. Flat glass is used typically on the driver’s side mirror and allows an unmodified view. Some mirror glass will also be tinted in a variety of colors.What types of mirrors are available for the Sonata?
Power side view mirrors have electric motors that help the mirrors move and are controlled by a button or switch inside your car. Power side view mirrors can come with different features that enhance its use. Manual side view mirrors have no power options. These mirrors can be folded in, and a mechanism is used to adjust them by hand.What are some tips for selecting exterior mirrors?
Selecting exterior mirrors for your Hyundai Sonata can be overwhelming with the different options that exist. Following these guidelines can be helpful when making a selection.
Choose a brand. You can choose from direct factory replacements or from third-party options that have different features.
- Select a mirror that will be compatible with your car. You will want to know the make, model, and year of your vehicle. You may also want to know the production date for instances where the manufacturer has changed parts in the middle of the year.
- Choose a style. You can select from exterior mirrors that come in different colors and trim that can accent your existing car.
- Choose a brand. You can choose from direct factory replacements or from third-party options that have different features.
When you need to replace the mirrors for your Hyundai Sonata, you have many options. If you want OEM options, you can select from mirrors produced by Hyundai. You can also choose from companies like TYC, Dorman, and others that produce aftermarket options.