Dodge Durango Car and Truck Exterior Mirrors
The Durango is a sports utility vehicle that is manufactured by Dodge. These vehicles were produced in two generations. The first is the mid-sized sport utility vehicles while the second is the full-sized sport utility vehicles.What is the importance of exterior mirrors?
The exterior mirrors of a car allow you to drive safely when maneuvering the road with other drivers. They also help you see blind spots while reversing. In addition, they help you park safely and conveniently, especially in small spaces. You need to know the different types available for your car in case your mirrors require replacement.What factors should you consider when buying these products?
There are several factors that you need to consider when buying these products for your car. They include:
- The type of car door mirror.
- The type of glass.
- The features it has.
- The materials used to make it.
There are many types available on the market. They include:
- Power card door mirrors - These are controlled with electric buttons or switches that are usually positioned on the armrest at the driverâ€™s side.
- Manual car door mirrors - These have to be adjusted before you start driving. They can be folded using the hands or with a manual remote.
A wide variety of materials are used to make these products. Some of these materials are not painted with the same color of the car, but they usually come with primers that make the paintwork easy. The materials include:
- Plastic - Plastic is combined with other materials, like metals, to make it harder. The material is used to make textured, shiny surfaces.
- Fiberglass - This material is lightweight and easy to repair.
- Metal - These are durable and usually match the rest of the vehicle. The metal mostly used for these products is aluminum.
- Carbon fiber - This material is very strong and lightweight.
Another important thing you need to know is the type of glass used. These include:
- Flat glass - This glass is mostly found on the driverâ€™s side.
- Convex glass - This glass gives a wider field of view for the driver and is located on the passengerâ€™s side of the vehicle.
- Tinted glass - This type of glass is made to reduce the glare of light. This enables the driver to see more clearly, especially at night. Tinted glass comes in a wide variety of colors, inlcuding grey, brown, and blue.