Exterior Mirrors for Chevrolet Impala
Your Chevy Impala side-view mirrors give you the ability to know everything that's going on around your vehicle. Considering all they offer, keeping your Impala's side mirrors working properly must be a top priority.What are the features of an Impala's side-view mirrors?
To be able to provide you with the views you need, your Impala's side-view mirrors are equipped with many features to make sure you stay safe on the road. They should be:
- Adjustable: The power mirrors on your Impala allow for precision adjustments, no matter your height or driving style.
- Modular: The Impala's mirrors and housing are made of many components that are easily disassembled so you only have to replace the components that are causing trouble.
- Foldable: Both mirrors can be folded in toward the body of the car to ensure they stay safe if you take your car through a car wash.
- Sleek: The sharp curves on your Impala's side-view mirrors both look great and ensure they cut through the air to reduce drag.
As mentioned, one of the great features of your Chevrolet Impala's side view mirrors is their ability to be disassembled and repaired. If you do find yourself in need of an entire side view mirror assembly, you have plenty of options. You could opt for a new Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) model that will certainly provide you with all the functionality you need. There are also secondhand mirrors pulled from donor vehicles that offer the same level of functionality.
There are also generic aftermarket models available. These models typically come in black, but you can paint them to match your Chevrolet Impala's body color. Finally, another option you have is to revert to retro manual chrome side-view mirrors for your Chevrolet Impala. These mirrors are styled after vehicles from the '50s and '60s, paying a unique homage to the predecessors of the Chevrolet Impalas driven today.How do you replace a side-view mirror on an Impala?
If you want to replace your mirrors with an exact replacement instead of a manual chrome customization, the process for replacing the mirror is quite quick and easy. The most involved step involves removing the interior door panel so you can adequately access the mirror's electrical connection.
- Remove the interior door panel by loosening the screws that hold it in place, and then using a trim removal tool to separate it from the panel clips.
- Disconnect the power connection to the mirror by using a flathead screwdriver to press down on the clip.
- Remove the three 10mm bolts holding the mirror in place, making sure to hold the mirror as you remove the last bolt.
- Line up the new mirror and re-install the three bolts.
- Finally, re-connect the electrical connection, test to ensure proper operation, and then re-install the interior door panel.