Print Big Ideas With Epson Large Format Printers
It helps to see your big ideas in big print, whether you are making a large advertising sign or producing a graphic design to decorate your walls. Epson large format printers allow you to create wide, large-scale posters, blueprints, and marketing materials. Now you can display your new products, ideas, and messages in a bigger physical format.What color ink will you need for these Epson printers?
Most of the large format printers, such as the SureColor models, have eight ink colors: cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light cyan, light magenta, light yellow and light black. The use of these ink cartridges helps produce a clear image in a large-scale print.
Make sure that you purchase the correct compatible ink cartridges and ink type for your Epson model. This is especially important for the SureColor series. An incompatible ink cartridge may damage the printer or the ink might not adhere to the media correctly, which could smudge the colors. The model numbers of the ink cartridges are listed on the packaging, the printed and electronic version of the instructions, and the inside of the ink chamber of the printer.What projects can you print with an Epson printer?
With a large-scale printer, you can create physical graphics on different paper types such as fine art stock, canvas roll, matte board, and letter sheets. The projects you can complete include the following:
- Watercolor or oil painting prints
- Signage, banners, and displays (with the SureColor series)
- Canvas prints
- Direct to garment, such as T-shirts and tote bags
There are a few considerations when comparing Epson large format inkjets:
- Print size - Make sure to choose a printer that has a wide enough print size to complete your project.
- Type of printable media supported - Some of the printers are specialized, such as the SureColor and Direct to Garment (DTG) models. Make sure that you research which model will be able to handle the right type of paper or fabric.
- Specialized parts - Some of the DTG printers will have special harnesses and trays to keep the fabric flat and clean while being fed into the media. Again, review all printer instructions to determine which Epson printer and ink is right for your project.
- Resolution - Knowing the maximum print resolution of the inkjet will help you understand the expected look of the final product.
A feature of the SureColor series is the method of feeding the print media. The SureColor large-scale models have bars to hang wide heavy rolls of paper. The paper roll is fed into the SureColor printer and then cut to separate the finished product. Review the instructions to find out which types of rolled paper or fabric are supported and how to load them into the SureColor printer.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Epson.