Engagement Rings To Ring In the New Year
The holiday season arguably starts in November and ends on New Year’s Day. You want to be sure you make it a season to remember for your special someone this year, and provide memories for years to come. Choosing an engagement ring for someone you love does not have to be as difficult as choosing the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, or what flavor the cake will be. Search new and pre-owned engagement rings on eBay.Whether for a Christmas surprise or a New Year’s party, or anytime in between, you want to be confident in your purchase from the design to the setting. Consider the color, clarity, and cut, as well as what aligns with your budget. Take your time when choosing the right piece since it symbolizes the start of something special. When in doubt, however, you can always ask your spouse-to-be for her input.If the holidays involve family member or friends, you can ask them for help with choosing the ring and crafting the perfect proposal. Look to the many sellers on eBay for your ring purchase and browse through thousands of new and pre-owned rings and diamonds.
How to Choose the Right Engagement Ring
There are dozens of factors to consider when purchasing any piece of jewelry, especially at a higher price tag. If you do your research before purchasing, you can feel confident in the outcome. However, you might find a great deal on eBay for something that becomes priceless to you both.
- Ring Size - First, determine the right ring size. You want to ensure it is not too tight or too loose. Perhaps borrow a current ring she wears to determine the sizing.
- Carat – Size is not the most important factor always better, particularly if there are multiple visible inclusions. However, carat refers to the total weight of the diamond and not necessarily the size. It is recommended to buy just below the whole or half carat size to save money. For example, rather than a 2.0 carat diamond purchase a 1.9 carat diamond and you will likely save on the final price tag.
- Diamond Quantity – It is common to see an engagement ring with a halo, meaning there are many smaller diamonds around the larger central diamond. Alternatively, there might be one or two additional diamonds on either side of the central diamond. Be sure each of them are authentic, high quality, and to her taste.
- Diamond Clarity – Clarity is based on a measurement of all imperfections internally and on the surface. Sometimes the imperfection, or inclusion is microscopic while other times you can see it with the naked eye. Clarity is often considered the least important consideration.The scale goes from I3 to FL where FL is flawless.
- Diamond Cut – The cut of a diamond is essentially the shape. Does your spouse-to-be want something pear-shaped, emerald-shaped, or perhaps a miners cut? A princess cut is classic and can have a halo around it.
- Diamond Color – You might not be able to see the diamond color with your naked eye, but many GIA certified diamonds tell you where it ranks in terms of color. Colorless is the most expensive.
What Matters in an Engagement Ring
However, be sure to look at the ring through the eyes of the recipient. Will they appreciate colorless more than the cut? Does the size of the diamond matter to her? Perhaps she would like something pre-owned to cut down on the environmental footprint.
Brands to Consider when Shopping for an Engagement Ring
There are hundreds of brands to consider and many different styles. Many designers offer a specialty, or just something special. Consider the most popular brands as you shop for new or pre-owned engagement rings.
- David Yurman
- Tiffany & Co.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by any of the brands listed above.