Enesco Jim Shore Collectibles
Artist and designer Jim Shore partnered with Enesco in 2001 to concentrate on creating artwork instead of having to attend to the business side of things. Jim Shore's popular products include Disney Traditions, Heartwood Creek, and Looney Tunes, which are designed for Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and other familiar seasonal themes. Nativity scenes, Frosty the Snowman, Snoopy, Easter baskets, Bugs Bunny, angels, and trees are just some of the figurines offered.
What themes and characters are available from Jim Shore?
Several product lines from Jim Shore are based on well-known characters and themes around such holidays as Christmas, Halloween, and Easter. Following are some of the available collections.
- Disney Traditions: Almost all of the more popular animated Disney movies are represented in the Jim Shore Disney collections, in either everyday themes or themes based on holiday celebrations.
- Looney Tunes: Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are two of the characters included in this collection from the Looney Tunes cartoon series.
- Peanuts: Snoopy is predominant, with Charlie Brown, Lucy, Peppermint Patty, and other Peanuts figurines represented.
- Rudolph: Rudolph will light up the sky again and again in this charming group.
- Frosty the Snowman: This jolly snowman is in his element surrounded by cheery winter scenes.
- Hanna-Barbera: The Flintstones and The Jetsons are featured in this collection.
- Wizard of Oz: Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and the Tin Woodman are included in this group.
- Coca-Cola: Everyone knows Coca-Cola, and these captivating figurines remind us why.
- Heartwood Creek: This is Jim Shore's signature collection of folk art, such as a Nativity scene, angels, penguins, Santa, puppies, and other figurines.
What holidays are present in Jim Shore's sculptures?
No matter what you observe, there's an ornament or figurine that can help you celebrate in style in your home.
- Christmas: Jim Shore Christmas nativity scenes, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and Santa are popular motifs in these collectibles, with Santa front and center. Santa pops up in the Heartwood Creek line and is also included in many of the other product lines (e.g, Disney). Santa can also be discovered among the snowglobes and Christmas ornaments.
- Easter: Bunnies and eggs are dominant themes in Jim Shore's Easter collection: For instance, residing within this collection are hinged eggs, Easter baskets, bunnies hiding eggs, trees with eggs, and Snoopy sleeping on an egg.
- Halloween: There is plenty of scary fun afoot in Jim Shore's haunted collection, highlighted by witches, owls, pumpkins, and other treasured autumn collectibles.
How are Jim Shore figurines made?
Jim Shore designs the master figurines by hand in his studio, beginning with a polyresin base and then adding other materials for texture. These materials can be almost anything, such as dried sawdust, ground marble, or even groundnut shells. Jim Shore does all the painting and etching on the original piece and works with craftsmen to show them how to duplicate it. Then the final models are sent to the factories for reproduction.