Enesco, located in Itasca, Illinois, has been in the giftware, seasonal, and plush merchandising business since 1958. Since that time, they have partnered with existing companies and artists to produce original products; they have also acquired companies like Boyd, Precious Moments, and Dept 56. Enesco, LLC distributes their products primarily through partnerships with retailers.What are some of Enesco's affiliated companies and creations?
Enesco, LLC has many product divisions that are either part of the company or exist as separate companies with a licensing agreement. These are some of the divisions that operate under their umbrella or are part of the company:
- Gund - Gund, a manufacturer of plush toy animals, has been around for over 100 years.
- Growing Up Birthday Girls - The Growing Up Birthday Girls are figurines that celebrate the birthday and age of the recipient.
- Boyd - The pre-existing Boyd plush animals have been given an updated look and style but have retained their integrity.
- Cherished Teddies - Cherished Teddies is a collection of teddy bears that are featured in poses grouped around various objects.
- Department 56 - Department 56 has been producing holiday villages and snowbabies for many years. Dickens Village, A Christmas Story, The Original Snow Story, Sweet Shoppe, and Christmas Lampoon's: A Christmas Vacation are some of these collections.
- Children of the Inner Light - Mugs, T-shirts, and photo frames by Marci are just some of the items in this collection that feature stick figure drawings in black and white.
- Disney Traditions - Jim Shore, a well-known artist, has been in partnership with Disney for many years. His Disney Traditions collection has all the traditional Disney characters, such as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Anna, Donald Duck, Belle, and many more.
- Looney Tunes/Jim Shore - Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny are still rivals in this collection from Jim Shore.
- Coca-Cola - This long-lived soft drink is represented in this collection by Jim Shore, which includes some emulations from Coca-Cola commercials.
- Walt Disney Archives Collection - This collection of maquettes (small scale sculptures) and stationery commemorates the best of Disney.
- Angels and other "supernatural/other-world" beings that emulate benevolent thoughts and auras.
- Actual animals/mammals that have been personified; i.e. teddy bears, cats, rabbits, elephants, hounds, donkeys, foxes, mice and more.
- Most of the creations produced by Disney; i.e. Beauty and the Beast, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, and more.
- Fairies and magical creatures that exist in the beautiful world of imagination.
- Christmas and similar seasonal ephemera, such as Rudolph figurines, Santa Claus and his elves, and other Christmas décor.