The Dymo Corporation is based in the United States, and it is known for its handheld label printers and thermal transfer printing tape for use in homes and offices. The battery-powered, handheld printers utilize a thermal printing process that does not require any ink or toner. The company also manufactures embossing tape label makers, CD and DVD labeling systems, and durable medical equipment.What are the types of Dymo label printers?
- Xpress embossing label maker: This labeling item is ergonomically designed and has a smooth handle made from plastic. Only one hand is needed to operate it. The letters and numbers are arranged on a circular disc. They are embossed onto the labels, creating a raised effect on the finished product.
- Desktop thermal label maker: The desktop thermal labeling system is designed for printing labels for commercial use. It sits flat on a table or desk. This item is black and gray, and it works with software that is compatible with Mac OS and Windows operating systems. This printer for labels is also able to print postage, QR codes, and bar codes. It measures 10.2 inches long by 10 inches wide by 10 inches tall and weighs 1.8 pounds.
- Personal handheld label maker: The personal handheld Dymo printer has a computer-styled keyboard with numbers, letters, and special characters. It prints postage and shipping labels.
- Keyboard: The personal handheld label makers have a keyboard that is styled like a computer's.
- Rechargeable: The handheld Dymo printing systems for labels are powered by rechargeable batteries. They have a light emitting diode indicator that blinks when it is time to replace or recharge the batteries. The desktop products for offices have a power cord, power adapter, and USB cable for power.
- Memory: The LetraTag, Xpress, and Label Manager Dymo items have memory that allows you to store up to nine addresses or files for ease of use. They also have three language options.
- Range of font types and sizes: All the Dymo label makers offer a range of font sizes. They have five font types to select from for printing the shipping labels.
- Range of label sizes: The Dymo printing systems for personal and office use accept a variety of label sizes. They work with rolls of labels that measure up to 4 inches long by 6 inches wide. They can print the labels in a vertical or horizontal orientation. Each label is attached to a roll of paper and is self-adhesive.
- Select a type: Choose an embossing or thermal printing system for making labels. For the thermal printing units, choose one that connects to a computer or one that operates independently.
- Choose the desired features: Choose features such as automatic shutoff, label size and orientation options, and label makers that work with your computer for customization.
- Select a style and feed type for the rolls of labels: There are single-label, dual-label, and continuous label printing products.