How to Select Dr. Seuss Crib Bedding
As one of literatures most beloved childrens writers, Dr. Seuss has been thrilling children (and parents) for decades with stories of green eggs and cats in hats. Putting together a baby nursery requires you choose a theme for your baby, and characters from these well-known stories are a colorful addition to any babys bedroom.
What Are Some Bedding Components?
Choosing baby bedding isnt just about buying crib sheets and crib bumpers, because there are several components to consider when it comes to purchasing whimsical baby bedding.
- Sheets are the most basic part of crib bedding. A fitted crib sheet is elasticized to provide a secure fit on the crib mattress for safety. These are typically made of lightweight cotton or flannel, and most sheets fit a standard-sized crib mattress.
- Blankets match crib sheets and may be lightweight swaddle or plush designs. Some blankets have a quilted design like a comforter, and many are reversible.
- A crib skirt goes underneath the mattress and works as a dust ruffle. It not only keeps dust away from the bottom of the crib, but it serves a decorative purpose as well.
What Bedding Designs Are Available?
Choosing bedding for your baby means there are many designs to pick from, depending on what you have planned for your nursery decor. For situations where youre not sure of your little ones gender, most Dr. Seuss bedding is unisex and can work for boys and girls alike.
- Combine learning with decor when you select crib bedding featuring an alphabet squares print. Alphabet sheets and quilts feature bright colors and assorted storybook characters, such as Sam I Am, the Grinch, or the Lorax. Other graphics on alphabet crib bedding might include a stripe print.
- Based on the childrens book "Oh, the Places Youll Go," this themed bedding features the books title along with a character riding in a hot air balloon. Crib bedding colors in this theme include peach, yellow, and light green and blue, making it gender-neutral.
- "Cat in the Hat" nursery designs feature the beloved cat with his striped hat playing peek-a-boo.
What Comes in a Bedding Set?
Instead of purchasing components individually, choosing a bedding set means you get everything you need at the same time, and since its all centered around one design, the coordinates all match to create a cohesive look in your nursery.
- Most bedding sets come with the basics for the baby bed. This includes a cotton fitted crib sheet, a duvet or blanket, and a crib skirt. These three pieces are the main parts of a three-piece bedding set.
- Selecting a bedding set that comes with more pieces means you may get a matching stacker as well. A diaper stacker is a cloth storage solution for diapers that typically has a hanger that you can use to secure it to a dresser, changing table, or crib for convenience. Some bedding sets may even come with a changing pad cover in the same theme as the bedding.
- A bedding set that offers more than just baby bedding may also come with decorative components for your nursery in the same theme as your sheets and quilt. These may include a matching musical mobile, bumpers, or a valance for the windows.