Dooney & Bourke Women's Handbags & Purses
Dooney & Bourke has offered women's handbags since they were founded in 1975. With a variety of designs available, understanding the different women's handbags styles and materials used to make them may help you select a woman's handbag or purse.What handbag and purse styles are available from Dooney & Bourke?
There are many different styles of women's handbags and purses available, including:
- Shoulder bags: These options have a long strap to be hung from the shoulder.
- Hobo bags: These petite bags usually are crescent-moon shape, and they often have a top zipper.
- Crossover bags: These options that are often rectangular in shape have a long strap allowing the carrier to place the strap across the front of her body.
- Messenger bags: These large bags have a strap designed to be worn across the body.
- Totes: These bags often have a flat bottom and two handles at the top.
- Travel bags: These large oblong options often have short and long handles.
- Backpacks: These bags are designed to be carried on the back and include several pockets for belonging.
- Drawstring bags: These bags close with a drawstring at the top, and they may have long or short straps.
- Wristlets: These small options have a wrist strap for light carrying.
- Satchels: This is a bag usually carried from the shoulder with a variety of builds and patterns.
Yes, the company makes a variety of coin purses and clutches. Most of their coin cases measure 3.25 inches by 0.5 inches by 4.75 inches, and they often feature an outside zip pocket and an inside key ring. The company offers a variety of clutches with snap closures while others have zippers.What types of materials are used to make women's purses and handbags?
There is a variety of materials used in the construction of women's handbags, clutches, coin cases, and backpacks including:
- Ostrich skin
- Rattlesnake skin
- Calf leather
- Cow leather
With so many options, choosing a woman's purse or handbag can be intimidating, but following these helpful guidelines is a great place to start:
- Select a style: Many different choices are available, including hobo bags, shoulder bags, totes, and many others.
- Select a preferred material: Canvas, fabric, leather, are ideal for different environments and occassions.
- Select a closure: Snaps, zippers, and hooks may all be available.
- Select the number of pockets: Many options have pockets on the outside, while others have interior pockets. Some have pockets in both places.