A Guide to Retro Video Games
Retro gamers have something to smile about. Your old Nintendo game cartridges have found good use again. There is a replica gaming console for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), which was popular back in the 90's. The SNES Classic is a miniature copy of the original console. It comes packed with 21 exciting games to reignite your memories. Many people enjoyed playing Super Mario, Final Fantasy, Donkey Kong Country, and many others. It includes an HDMI connection that easily fits modern TV sets.
Donkey Kong Country is one of the most prominent games to ever feature on the SNES platform. It is an adventure genre that features only two playable characters, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Donkey Kong and Diddy's escapades revolve around fighting enemies using exotic moves and collecting bananas and other treasures in the episodes.
Who can play Donkey Kong Country?
Donkey Kong Country is a simple and fun game that people of all ages will find interesting and easy to get around. The controls move the characters by running, rolling, and jumping. The characters fight enemies by stomping or rolling over them, throwing barrels at them or smashing into them with an animal. The following characters and objects appear in most of the video games.
- Klaptraps - They are the crocodiles with large jaws. Stomping over them is a good way to defeat them.
- Cranky Kong - An old, ill-tempered gorilla appearing on the game. He dishes out helpful tips for the main characters and makes snappy comments throughout the game.
- Dixie Kong - Diddy's girlfriend. She first appears on Donkey Kong Country 2.
- K-O-N-G Letters - Collecting all the four letters to spell the "KONG" word earns players an extra life in every level except the boss level.
- Kiddy Kong - Dixie Kong's adventure buddy in Donkey Kong Country 3.
- Animal Crates - Contain friendly animals like Ramby the Rhino who helps them smash into their enemies.
There are many other creatures and features that make this video game enjoyable and the adventures worth exploring.
Will I find different levels in the game?
Donkey Kong Country takes the characters into different worlds, with each having different levels. Each level apart from the boss levels can play up to five bonus levels.
How will I know if the game can play in my Super NES?
- Nintendo published the first Donkey Kong County video game for their SNES platform. Other than the Super Nintendo, there are other Game Boy versions for the Color and Advance consoles. When you are buying the Nintendo game, always make sure that the description confirms whether it is the SNES version.
- The SNES consoles sold in Japan and other European countries differ from those in the US. Check your device for region compatibility and confirm if the SNES game will run on the device.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo.