Dog Clothing & Shoes
Certain occasions may call for pet clothing or shoes. Whether it's to get their photos taken, keep them warm, or provide them with booties when they walk in the rain, there are plenty of ways to dress your dog. Knowing what they can wear will make it easier to buy the right clothes.What are the different types of dog clothes?
You will find that there are all sorts of different clothes available for a canine (and even a feline). Many human-style clothes are cut or styled specifically for pets. Some of the apparel options include.
- Sneakers, boots, and booties
- Coats, jackets, and raincoats
- T-shirts, hoodies, and jerseys
You will have to carefully consider the size of your pet to determine what size of clothing they will wear. There are sizes from XS to XXL as well as some specialty extra large options. For assistance, you can refer to weight sizing charts to help you determine what size to get. If you have a young pet, you will also want to account for the fact that your animal is likely to grow. After you do a few measurements, you can determine sizing more effectively. You will need to measure the following:
- Length of animal
- Girth of animal
- Neck circumference
- Size of paw
Some people try to buy baby clothes for their small animals. However, there are a lot of differences in the way that baby clothes fit versus clothes designed specifically for an animal. Pet-specific clothing provides the following advantages:
- Snaps and buttons - Strategically placed snaps and buttons can ensure that there is no choking hazard.
- Different cut - The cut will be different, especially around the belly, so that an animal has the ability to urinate freely.
- Accounts for four legs - Many outfits account for the fact that there are four legs to an animal.
If you want to buy dog clothes and shoes, you have to determine what is comfortable for them to walk in. Explore some of the different options and give considerations in a few areas. Be sure to consider the following:
- Type of clothing - If you're trying to keep your dog warm, find something that offers plenty of coverage. If you just want some fun apparel, look for an ideal fit.
- Size - Many dogs will have problems wearings clothes that don't fit properly.
- Brand - Options include Ralph Lauren Pets, Ruby Rufus, and Rororiri.