Get on the radio with a dipole antenna for years of quality talking.
Get a sturdy dipole antenna to help you broadcast and receive your radio signals on eBay. Choose from many kinds of dipole antennas in multiple sizes. These antennas are useful for broadcasting and receiving mostly FM signals, but they can be used for other signals like AM or television as well.How do you choose a dipole antenna?
Choosing the right dipole is all about deciding what you will be doing with it. You will need to determine how much space you have as well as these antennas can become quite large. There are indoor and outdoor types, so decide which one you are using before you purchase. Many people use both small and large dipoles to work a ham radio, but you can also use them to get a signal for your radio or television. Choose a dipole antenna design suited to your space, then determine the broadcast range you need and choose a size accordingly. Depending on your bandwidth and frequency needs, you may need a certain type of dipole ranging from a half-wave dipole to a non-resonant type.Can you use a dipole antenna for television?
Yes. Many people use a folded dipole for this purpose. These can increase signal reception for a few select channels at a time, usually VHF channels or regular channels two through 13. Make sure that the model you are choosing will fit in a living room or other viewing area.What kinds of dipole antennas are there?
There are many types of these antennas. Dipoles are a versatile and sturdy type of antenna, and they have just a few accessories. Some of the types are:
- Non-resonant dipole: This type keeps the actual antenna away from the resonant frequency. It has a much broader bandwidth.
- Short dipole: One of the poles is shorter than half of a wavelength (the standard), causing higher impedance. This causes a shorter wavelength that is less sensitive to frequency changes.
- Folded dipole antenna: As the name states, this type of antenna has one of the halves folded back onto itself. This type of dipole antenna has a larger bandwidth than some of the others.
- Multiple half waves dipole antenna: This type of dipole antenna contains several bars in odd numbers, causing a different radiation pattern.
- Half-wave dipole antenna: This type is also known as an "aerial." It has two antenna pieces which are each half a wavelength long. This is the most common type of dipole antenna.