Seeing Through to the Problem: Digital X-Ray Sensors
Purchasing X-ray equipment in certain fields, such as dentistry and medical imaging, can be especially useful. Often, the X-ray sensor allows the radiation to be transformed into an image, creating the most vital and useful result of an X-ray machine. Even when purchasing X-ray sensors secondhand, you will often be able to ensure that you are getting high-quality equipment that will provide you with excellent results.What are some of the most well-known brands of X-ray sensors?
Ensuring that you are purchasing quality products, especially when you are looking for products to be used long term in a medical field, can be vastly important. Therefore, it is always a good idea to ensure you are investing in brands that are well-known and that you know you can trust. eBay offers a wide variety of brands and new, used, and pre-owned sensors for purchase. Some of the top brands sold online include but are not limited to:
- Dexis Digital Sensor
- Schick Sensor
- Gendex Sensor
- Dexis Platinum Sensor
- Dexis Classic Sensor
In many cases, used sensors are often still in relatively good condition; therefore, one of the primary advantages of purchasing a used sensor is the price point. Typically, used sensors are a few years older than current models, meaning you may not be able to provide clients with the most up-to-date imaging services. However, if you are willing to accept that the sensor is older and has already been previously owned and used, there are quite a few other advantages, such as:
- Reliability: Individuals who have used this sensor and are reselling it will be able to provide you with insight on the reliability of the item.
- Cost advantage: Used sensors are more affordable than newer models.
- Adaptability: In many cases, as these models have been out for quite some time, individuals have found ways to adapt the technology to meet a variety of needs.
X-rays are often taken in medical settings, meaning that the typical use is applied in a medical sense. However, there are a wide variety of uses for X-ray sensors that many individuals would not initially consider, such as:
- Dental X-ray sensors for office use
- X-rays of broken bones for medical imaging clinics
- Veterinary uses for large or small animal diagnoses
- Security scanners for airports or concerts