Perks of Adding a Shirt Dress To Your Wardrobe
This versatile shirt and dress combination can be worn throughout all seasons. The Diane von Furstenberg collection incorporates a wide range of options for work, home, and formal events. When choosing a dress for you, consider material, your body type and preferred dress size, and of course, color and pattern.
What Are the Benefits of Buying a Shirt Dress?
Each item of a wardrobe should reflect its cost in usability, lifespan, and price. Diane von Furstenberg dresses come in the full range of fashion styles and sizes.
- Versatility: Appropriate for both work or play in all sizes, choose a collared option for the office or a low v-neck when heading out. With both short and long-sleeved options, women can wear this item all-year around. They also come in a range of fabrics such as silk, crepe, chiffon, or lace.
- Great in All Sizes: Due to its naturally flowing blouse shape, these dresses work well in all sizes, providing a sense of femininity while remaining comfortable and classic. See the manufacturer site for size details.
- Unique Options: Though it can be dressed up for work, fun unique options of the shirtdress speak to a wider range of styles. These include the one-shoulder dress look, floral prints, and those with accents such as sequined fabric and colorful buttons.
When Can I Wear a Shirt Dress?
These dresses come in handy when looking to build a simple wardrobe with only a few interchangeable items.
- At the Office: Silk varieties, both long and short-sleeved, are appropriate in the office. Their blouse-like quality gives a corporate appearance while staying person to your style.
- Summer Outings: Known for their comfortable, non-form fitting size, these dresses make a great option for hotter summer days, especially when choosing breathable fabrics.
- Casual Weddings and Showers: When paired with the proper accessories, shirt dresses can be worn in less formal celebrations. Pep up the look by choosing a stunning silk or lace option, or go for the maxi-dress look during summer wedding season.
How Can I Accessorize Shirt Dresses?
One of the greatest benefits of these simple items is the options for personalization in shoes and accessories.
- Pair with Leggings: Especially in the winter and fall, add a pair of black or patterned leggings beneath a shirt mini-dress. Pair with boots to complete a look of balance.
- Statement Jewelry: Play with necklaces of all sizes. The simplicity of the dress allows for more freedom when pairing with a unique item of jewelry.
- Belts: Particularly helpful to control the blouse-like size of the dress, belts add a discernible waistline while adding a pop of color at the same time. If your dress is on the simpler side, consider a fun floral belt, or play with the size and thickness of the belt itself.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Diane von Furstenberg.