Department 56 Dickens Village Accessories
Department 56 Dickens Village accessories help you to customize your Christmas village display for a unique result. You can create a tree-lined lane or highlight areas of the scene with more light. Department 56 Village accessories enable you to rearrange components or add elements to make your display more eclectic.What types of individual accessories does Department 56 offer?
The Village collection includes accent pieces that range from plants to characters. They help you to create authentic-looking city streets and neighborhoods as they appeared in Charles Dickens novels. Some of the items you might find include the following:
- Topiary tree
- Maple tree
- Brick or cobblestone street
- Uptown street light
- Christmas wreath street light
You can use groupings of people such as the following to add action and focal points to your Dickens Village display.
- Dickens Carolers: A group of five figures.
- Victorian Sign Painter: A figure on a ladder.
- A Christmas Beginning: A father and son cutting a tree.
- Lighting the Lane: A man lighting a gas street light.
- Ladies Auxiliary Brass Band: Three Victorian ladies playing instruments.
Although the larger buildings like "Duniway Abbey" and "London Gin Distillery" form the anchor pieces for a Dickens Village, Department 56 does offer miniature houses in its accessory line as well. Some examples are listed here:
- Classic Christmas Kiosk
- Mistletoe Farm Chicken House
- Village Backyard Dog House
- Little Free Libraries
- Backyard Bird Hotels
You will find a wealth of ways to accent your landscape in the Department 56 catalog. Consider the following distinctive landscape items for your Dickens display:
- My Garden Gate: A wrought-iron arch with a gate and a welcome sign.
- Artificial snow: Plastic snow by the bagful to sprinkle throughout your town.
- Snow fence: A roll of white picket fencing.
- Lighted Christmas Sisal hedges: Box hedges to accent a house or yard.
- Stone wall: Six sections of hedgerows.
Yes, Department 56 offers a selection of electrical aids for lighting up your Dickens Village. Depending upon your available outlets and arrangement of buildings, one of the following may simplify the setup of your display.
- Single cord set with light
- AC/DC adapter
- Battery box adapter
- Building and accessory light system with power bar
- Display anywhere retrofit unit