Dell Printer Ink Cartridges
In order to print documents, photos, and other materials from your computer, it's necessary to have the appropriate type of ink cartridges installed. When you need to replace an ink cartridge or toner cartridge in your Dell printer, you can streamline the task by having specific information at hand. Quickly find the black or color Dell printer ink cartridges you need for your Dell 966 all-in-one or other model printer.What information helps you find the right Dell ink cartridges?
- Printer manufacturer
- Product line, such as Dell all-in-one printer
- Model number of your printer, such as Dell 966
- Cartridge code found on the empty Dell black or color cartridge
- Color of Dell ink cartridges or toner
For Dell printers that use separate color toner cartridges rather than ink, you need to know the above information as well as the particular color of the toner that needs to be replaced. Depending on how you use your printer, chances are that you will run out of one color sooner than the others. While you do not have to replace all four at the same time, you can get a full set of toner cartridges for your printer. Dell toner for laser printers comes in four colors:
Remanufactured ink cartridges and generic brand ink replacements designed for specific Dell printers are available, but you may be taking a chance on print quality if you use them in place of Dell ink. If your print job demands Dell photo-quality copies, you may prefer using Dell ink and toner cartridges.How do you replace the ink or toner cartridge?
The ink cartridges in different Dells are located in various places. You should consult your Dell manual for directions specific to your printer. In general, to replace an ink cartridge in a Dell, perform the following steps.
- Turn on the printer and open the top cover.
- Wait until the ink carriage is idle and the printer is quiet.
- Push down on the empty cartridge and remove it.
- Take out your replacement ink and remove the protective tape.
- Insert the Dell replacement into the empty slot in the printer.
If your Dell still indicates that the cartridge is empty after you have replaced the ink cartridge, you can try turning off the machine, unplugging it, and then powering it up again to reset it. If that does not fix the problem, try one of the following:
- Check to confirm that you have removed the tape.
- Run your printer cleaning utility and then print a test page.
- Consult your Dell manual for further troubleshooting tips.