Power Your Dell Latitude With a Laptop Battery
Dell and Intel are two of the most commonly known computer manufacturers in the world. Among the most well-known computers produced by Dell and Intel is the Latitude series of entry-level and business-class laptops, notebooks, and tablets that are designed for on-the-go use. Before you can use your Dell or Intel computer, though, it is helpful to have a fully charged battery.What type of battery does a Dell Latitude use?
Buying a Dell Latitude laptop battery lets you replace a worn out battery or have an extra battery for emergencies. When your battery is loaded with power, you can easily complete work, browse the web, or play games even when there are no outlets in sight. However, when its short on power, youll experience a slower processor and other annoyances. Dell Latitudes will use lithium-ion batteries. Also called a Li-ion battery, this is a type of battery that uses intercalated lithium to create a rechargeable battery. Depending on the model, the laptop may use a 6-cell or 9-cell battery. The 6-cell batteries are more compact, and the 9-cell batteries will hold a charge for a longer period of time.How do you install a laptop battery?
Putting a new battery in your Dell or Intel laptop involves more than just snapping it into place. You will typically need to open up the computer and plug in the battery. When installing the item on your Latitude laptop, consider following these steps:
- Step 1: Unplug your computer from the power and power down the processor.
- Step 2: Remove any SD Cards or other peripherals that are in the laptop.
- Step 3: Unscrew the back of your Dell.
- Step 4: Open up the back of the laptop. You may need to use a pry tool to lift it.
- Step 5: Unscrew the old battery if necessary and remove it from the Latitude.
- Step 6: Plug the battery cables in place on the new battery and put it in the compartment.
- Step 7: Replace all screws on the interior, put on the backplate, and replace any other screws before powering the processor back on.
Proper care will ensure that your Dell battery lasts as long as possible. Store the battery at room temperature and avoid putting it at very high temperatures. When charging the battery, you should use partial discharge cycles instead of constantly draining the battery and recharging the battery in one sitting. When storing the battery, it is best to remove it from the Latitude at 40% discharge and store it in a cool environment.How long is the battery life for the Latitude?
The answer to this question may be anywhere between two to seven hours. There are several factors that can affect a long battery life and whether the battery will hold a charge, including the following:
- Battery age
- Processor speed
- Screen brightness
- Number of power cells
- Battery charger type
- HD options