Dash Parts for Chevrolet El Camino
There is a large variety of dash parts for your Chevrolet El Camino available when you want to repair or replace your vehicle's dash. You can find everything you need, from speedometers to radio parts, or you can update your El Camino interior with new dash panels. You can find an assortment of new, pre-used, OEM, and aftermarket pieces suitable for your vehicle.How do you install a tachometer in an El Camino?
First, you'll need to make sure you have the right tools on hand. You'll need 14- to 18-gauge quick splice connectors, wire splitters, wire cutters, an automotive diagnostic tool, a ratchet and sockets, a screwdriver, a drill, and crimps. Next, follow these steps:
- Prepare wires for hook up. The wires going into the tachometer are: red/ignition, black/ground, white/illumination, and green/tach. You will also need to find your Camino's tach wire for output, which may be difficult to access. You may want to test the wire with a tachometer to ensure you have the right one.
- Find out where you want to place the tachometer, and remove the dash panel to expose the wiring.
- Connect the green wire to the distributor wire. For this step, you may need to drill a hole to lead your green wire to where the distributor wire is behind the firewall. Use a crimp to complete the connection.
- Connect the remaining wires. Red connects the ignition power from the fuse box. Black connects to the wire powering the cigarette lighter (ground). White connects to the illumination wire that leads to the headlights and dashlights.
- Test the tachometer. Put any panels back into place, and hide excess wire under the dash.
Options for stereo systems for your Chevrolet El Camino are extensive. These are some features:
- AM/FM/Satellite Radio, but subscriptions to satellite radio are not usually included
- CD player or auxillary input for other media devices or phone
- DVD player
- Touch screen or voice control
- Bluetooth and smart technology
A dashboard cover protects the leather material on your dashboard from sun damage. In many classic cars, such as the El Camino, years of sun damage cause the leather in the interior to crack. A cover can hide any existing sun damage. Dashboard covers also protect against any spills or damage that might occur when you have passengers.`Why does my El Camino need a voltmeter?
A dash-mounted voltmeter measures your electrical system voltage as you drive. This gauge is useful for vehicles that have had alternator trouble in the past.