DC Snowboard Boots
DC makes a variety of snowboard boots with a number of styles and features like their Mutiny Lace-up snowboard boots and their Judge BOA snowboard boots. These boots are available for men, women, and children. DC Snowboard boots are designed to give you greater control and comfort on the mountain.How do you choose DC snowboard boots?
- Choose a size: Boots should fit snugly on your foot and fit into your snowboard bindings.
- Determine preferred flexibility: Stiff boots may last longer and might provide control for freeriders and freestylers, while more flexible styles could be more accessible for beginners and for all-mountain snowboarding.
- Select a lacing system: Choose from traditional lace-up fronts, Boa dials, and other systems.
- Find the right insole: Select from removable or fixed liners, and decide if you want a model that molds to your foot.
The outsole of a boot is an important consideration for a snowboarder. It can provide durability, flexibility, and impact absorption. The lightest of DC’s outsole options is the UniLite Foundation, which is designed to reduce bulk and weight while preserving flexibility. There's also the Vibram outsole, made with Vibram rubber. This style might be a good choice if you ride your snowboard over rough terrain or perform frequent jumps.What types of insoles are available with DC snowboard boots?
This component of a snowboard boot sits inside the exterior shell, under your foot. An insole may provide cushioning and impact absorption. DC boots are available with several different insole styles:
- Impact-S: This model is crafted from multiple layers of EVA foam. The foam molds when heat is applied and is designed to automatically adjust to the contours of your foot.
- Snow Basic: The Snow Basic is a simple model designed to provide cushioning for standard snowboarding and large jumps.
- Bravo: The Bravo comes with an airbag that can be inflated or deflated. The Bravo is designed to create a snug fit around the foot. This model may be useful for boarders with narrow feet.
Many snowboard boots by DC feature a Boa lacing system. The Boa unit is intended to make tiny fit adjustments. The Boa closure system is designed to allow you to use the push-and-twist knob on the unit when you’re wearing gloves or mittens.What is an internal ankle harness on these DC boots?
An internal ankle harness is designed to provide support for your ankles. It sits inside your snowboard boots and is designed to prevent the liner from shifting as you ride over powder or groomed snow.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by DC Shoes.