Cutco Kitchen and Steak Knives
Cutco makes kitchen and steak knives distinguished by their American-made craftsmanship and storage options. They can be purchased individually or in cutlery sets, and they are available in a number of styles.
What styles of kitchen and steak knives does Cutco make?
- Chef knife: These knives are designed for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing. They come with a wide blade.
- Utility knife: These trimmers and carvers are for prep work and for cutting slices of meats like chicken and turkey.
- Paring and peeling knife: These Cutco knives are designed for the preparation of fruits and vegetables. They have blades to cut through food.
- Carving and slicing knife: These knives are designed to deliver slices of meat. They can be used on everything from roasts to holiday hams.
- Steak and table knife: These everyday options are designed to be additions to mealtimes. Cutco's table knives come with a Double-D edge. Steak options are larger than table knives, and they have a full tang and a triple-riveted handle.
- Specialty knife: Cutco's range of specialty knives includes vegetable knives, boning knives, cheese knives, spatula spreaders, butcher knives, salmon knives, and sheathed cleavers.
What kinds of knife sets does Cutco offer?
Cutco offers knife sets of all sizes. These cutlery sets have options that include:
- Small knife sets - These sets typically include three to eight knives. They are enclosed in blocks, trays, or sheaths. Some are all table knives, and others feature some of Cutco's knife essentials.
- Large knife sets - Cutco's larger sets range from 13-piece options that include cooking knives and table knives to 32-piece cutlery sets. These come with a wood block to sharpen the knives.
What are some features of Cutco's cutlery?
Cutco knives have a number of features, including:
- Double-D edge - Every Cutco knife has this style of edge, so the knives can be used for everything from cutting apples to pork chops.
- Full tang - Cutco knives are equipped with full tangs, which means that the blade extends to the end of the handle designed for balance and strength.
- Ergonomic design - Each knife has a universal handle intended to be used by left- and right-handed people.
What is a Double-D blade edge?
On many kitchen knives, the cutting edge is serrated. On Cutco knives, the Double-D edge has three cutting points that are cut into the side of the blade rather than being on the edge of the blade. The Double-D edge is designed to help keep Cutco knives sharp.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Cutco.