Finding Your Next Cub Cadet Mower Deck on eBay: A Guide
Whether you want to upsize your current Cub Cadet 46-inch deck to something bigger or you just want to replace it with a newer deck of the same size, eBay offers you a uniquely wide selection of options. Plus, if you just need to replace a part on your lawnmower deck, or add a blade to your new deck, you can easily find these on eBay as well. Consider the following tips when you're looking for new Cub Cadet lawn mower decks.Ensuring compatibility among affordable Cub Cadet lawn mower decks
Whether you're interested in a new deck or just adding components to your current one, ensuring that anything you buy is compatible is a must. This is especially true of deck upgrades. Depending on your model of Cub Cadet, you may be able to fit a larger deck. When in doubt, be sure to consult manufacturer guidelines. Most will be very clear about what Cub Cadet deck replacements will work.Considering the condition of the Cub Cadet deck parts
You'll usually be able to save a significant amount of money when you buy a used Cub Cadet 50-inch mower deck instead of a new one. When you're buying used, examine the following components of the Cub Cadet deck:
- Blades: If you purchase a deck with blades, it may be wise to ask about their sharpness before buying. If the blades are dull, or if your chosen deck doesn't come with blades, you can easily purchase compatible blades on eBay.
- Wheels: Quality wheels in good condition are a major part of a mowing deck. However, if a Cub Cadet used mower deck has wheels that are too worn, they may need to be replaced.
- Spindles: Like wheels, smooth spindles ensure a great cut. An older deck may need to have its spindles cleaned or replaced. However, making a purchase this way tends to be cost-effective.
If you're someone who isn't sure what deck size you need, it may help to ask yourself a few questions. Before you buy a Cub Cadet used mower deck, try reviewing the following:
- How large a space are you mowing? If you find yourself needing to mow large tracts of land, a larger deck that typically has more blades may be the right answer for you.
- Do you need a tight turn radius? Larger decks tend to have larger turn radiuses.
- Is storage a concern? If your mower is garage-kept, a larger deck may get in the way of storage options.