Crate Guitar Amplifiers
When you have an electric guitar, in order to get a great, resonant sound, it's important to have a quality amplifier. Sometimes, you can get a guitar amplifier combo, but when you do this, the amplified sound may not be what you want. When you run into this situation, getting a good Crate amplifier can really help you make all the noise that you want.What channel effects can a product from Crate have?
Many people get their Crate product thinking that they can only control the volume, the tone, and the treble. Some even understand that you can get a bit of overdrive on some amps, but there are more effects available. Usually, many of these effects are available only on footswitch pedals that you may find on a pedal board. That being said, there are some devices from Crate that can grant you:
- Distortion: If you want an overdriven tone that’s great for industrial metal, then seek a product that provides a distortion switch. Usually, the Crate amp models that have this feature will have this on a button. To access it, simply press it in, and you’ll access a channel that has more noise.
- Wahs: This effect was prominent in the 1970s through its use by musicians like Jimmy Hendrix and Peter Frampton. This type of effect makes your strums emit a “wah” noise from the guitar amp. Usually, this effect will be on a knob or dial so that you can dial it back or increase it as you wish.
- Tremolo: One of the effects for players of surf rock, an amplifier with a tremolo dial can be useful. This effect simulates the quick strumming of a string, which can save your fingers from fatigue.
- Reverb: Want to add some echo to your strums? Finding Crate amplifiers that produce a reverb will add a ghostly tone to your music. This tone isn’t on all Crate amps, so check the cabinet before you make your decision.
- Clean: Also known as the Fender clean effect, this effect is well-known for its use in surf rock. Some Fender amps have this effect as a default, but you can get this tone on many Crate practice amps, too.
Technically, your amp can be used for playing acoustic guitar, but the guitar must have a cable hookup. Otherwise, you’ll have to convert the instrument to be playable on a guitar amp. If your instrument has the connection, then you can connect and experience a Fender clean effect, reverb, overdrive, or wahs.What size options are there for a Crate cabinet amp?
A good Crate amplifier can come in a variety of sizing options. For example, a Crate CA30DG would be considered a midsized device. If you’re looking for a smaller, flatter amp head to combine with your main device, then try a Crate FW120H. There are many choices from Crate for amplification, so try to find the device that fits your music needs.