Cowl Neck Sweaters for Women
There's nothing quite as cozy during the cold winter as a soft knit sweater with a snuggly cowl neck. Whether chunky or lightweight, cowl neck sweaters are versatile and easy to wear for women of any size. Follow these tips to find the right style and size of knit cowl neck sweater for you.
What is a cowl neck sweater?As the name implies, a cowl neck sweater for women is a sweater with a pronounced, draped neckline. A sweater with a cowl neck may be long or short, may be incorporated into a dress, and may be casual or formal. This type of sweater makes a great winter wardrobe staple due to its versatility.
What styles do cowl neck sweaters for women come in?
Any of the following styles may come in short sleeve, three-quarter sleeve, or long-sleeve designs. The cowl neck on the sweater may be worn bundled into folds around the neck or smoothed down over the shoulders.
- Tunic: A cowl neck tunic sweater is a sweater that typically falls at or below the hips. This longer pullover cowl neck style goes well over jeans, leggings, or a snug-fitting skirt.
- Crop: A cowl neck sweater in crop length generally comes to the waist or above.
- A-line: Some cowl neck sweaters for women feature an A-line hem that flares out slightly at the bottom in the shape of the letter A.
- Dress: A sweater dress with a cowl neck makes for a warm option to wear to a party and is easy to pair with leggings or tights.
- Cardigan: Cardigan cowl neck sweaters for women feature buttons or other closures up the front. There may be one button at the top to allow the sweater to hang partially open or several that allow you to close the entire sweater front.
What fabrics do cowl neck sweaters for women come in?
The beauty of a sweater with a cowl neck is that it may be made of the finest cashmere or the most casual cotton. The vast array of fabric choices gives you virtually limitless wear options whether you choose a cowl neck tunic sweater, a sweater dress with a cowl neck, or anything in-between. You'll choose from:
- Cotton: A soft and strong classic, a cotton sweater with a cowl neck is a wardrobe mainstay.
- Wool: From chunky fishermen's wool to luscious merino, there's a wool cowl neck sweater for any occasion.
- Synthetics: Sweaters made of materials like rayon, spandex, and polyester, often combined in a blend, allow for a thinner, easy-wash version of the cowl neck sweater.