Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Car Covers
You have done your task to get the engine, seats, and exterior of your Volkswagen Karmann Ghia just the way you want them. Protect your investment by topping your Volkswagen coupe with a car cover. Whether you store your vehicle indoors or outdoors, a cover can keep it in top condition.What types of protection do covers offer?
Different materials and constructions will offer different types of protection for your Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. When you are deciding which cover to purchase, consider your VW Ghia's storage location to help you decide which properties are most important for your needs.
- Sun: The UV rays of the sun can affect the colors of your car. A cover with UV protection can help prevent this on your Volkswagen coupe.
- Dust: To keep dust off of your Ghia, a cover must be non-woven or made of an exceptionally tight weave.
- Precipitation: It is OK for a car to get wet, but you should guard your paint against strong rain. Also, some covers can help keep built-up snow from sitting on your car.
- Environmental particles: A cover may serve as a barrier between your Volkswagen and any environmental impact.
- Dings: Padded covers offer some protection from falling objects.
A cover should not be waterproof. It's OK for a car to get wet as long as it can dry again in a reasonable time frame. Waterproof covers can trap moisture against the paint of your Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. This long-term exposure to moisture can negatively impact it. Instead, a cover should be breathable and should dry quickly.What is the difference between indoor and outdoor covers?
- Indoor covers are primarily used for keeping dust off of a Karmann Ghia. These covers may be made of a non-woven material. It is important for them to be soft and breathable, but they do not need to offer protection from snow, sunlight, or environmental particles.
- Outdoor covers are good for guarding against environmental hazards like UV rays. They may not offer as much protection from dust as indoor covers do. However, if your Volkswagen Karmann Ghia spends time both indoors and outdoors, an outdoor cover is usually the optimal bet for meeting your car's needs in both settings.
Covers are made from a variety of materials. Choose fabrics that suit the setting where you store your Karmann Ghia coupe or convertible.
- Flannel or fleece: These soft materials are good for resting against the finish of a Karmann Ghia.
- Acrylic: Material made of acrylic can resist UV rays.
- Polyethylene or polypropylene: These non-woven materials can guard against pollutants, and they don't trap moisture.
- Polyester: This is a good all-around material. It is often used in conjunction with other fabrics.