Mercedes-Benz SL500 Car Covers
If you don't drive your Mercedes-Benz SL500 daily, it can be a good idea to keep a cover on it. A car cover can guard against wear and damage to your Mercedes. A proper fit and high-tech materials will help to ensure that your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class car stays in top shape while it's in storage.Will any car cover work for a Mercedes-Benz?
Car covers are not one-size-fits-all products. Because they are intended to fit a Mercedes-Benz snugly, they are usually offered for specific makes and models. Therefore, it is important to look for a car cover that specifies that it will fit a Mercedes-Benz SL500 of your model year. This is one of the most effective ways to ensure that your accessory will fit closely in order to keep out dirt, dust, and environmental debris.Why should you use an outdoor car cover?
When a Mercedes-Benz sits outdoors for an extended period of time, it will be exposed to the elements. A car cover can help protect your Mercedes-Benz so that your car stays in top shape.
- A car cover can block UV rays from reaching your Mercedes-Benz. These rays can dull and fade your paint job.
- It keeps bird droppings and tree sap, leaves, or pollen from landing on your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class.
- It keeps moisture from pooling on your Mercedes-Benz. It's important that a car cover should dry quickly so that the Mercedes-Benz doesn't stay damp for long stretches of time.
A garage or other indoor facility is the ideal place for long-term storage of a Mercedes-Benz SL-class vehicle. The indoor location will provide shelter for your Mercedes-Benz from precipitation, environmental debris, and UV rays. Plus, indoor facilities provide better temperature control than outdoor ones. However, even a Mercedes-Benz that is stored indoors will benefit from the extra protection of a Mercedes car cover.
- A car cover will keep dust off of the vehicle.
- It will provide light padding to protect the Mercedes-Benz from dings.
Whether you store your automatic transmission Mercedes-Benz indoors or outdoors, consider the following features to help you select a custom car cover:
- Fit - A car cover should fit securely so it doesn't blow off. The car cover may have straps or a stretchy fit.
- Softness - The part of the car cover that touches your Mercedes-Benz should be soft so it doesn't scuff or scratch the paint.
- High-tech materials - There are fabrics with built-in technologies that will help protect your Mercedez-Benz from wear or damage. For example, Sunbrella fabric shields your SL500 from UV rays.
- Breathability - Breathable materials allow water vapor to evaporate from your Mercedes-Benz, and they dry quickly.
- Color - Some SL500 custom car covers are available in a range of colors or patterns, so you can pick the one that is most appealing to you for your Mercedes-Benz.