Jeep Grand Cherokee Fans and Kits
The fans in your Jeep Grand Cherokee play a vital role in keeping your engine cool and working properly. If your fans need replacement understanding the types and styles of fans available will help you throughout the new fan selection process. Here are some questions that may come up when making a fan kit selection for your Jeep Grand Cherokee.What are some tips for selecting fans for your Jeep?
Selecting a replacement fan or fan kit for your Jeep Grand Cherokee can be overwhelming with the many options available. Following these tips can help make the selection process easier.
- Choose by compatibility: Find a fan that’s compatible with your Jeep vehicle. You will want to know the make, model, and model year of your vehicle. You may also need to know the production date, which can be found on a label on the inside of the Jeep Grand Cherokee's door frame. This is important because the car manufacturer will sometimes change the parts used in the middle of the production frame.
- Choose by brand: If you’re looking for a stock replacement, you can choose from OEM products or aftermarket replacements that are produced to OEM specifications. If you’ve upgraded the engine of your Jeep you will want to select a fan kit that will be compatible with the increase in performance.
- Choose by electric fan style: If you’re only using a single cooling fan, you may want to select from the puller fans available. Alternatively, you may want to select an auxiliary pusher fan to provide additional airflow.
- Choose by number of fan blades: Select a number of fan blades that will work best with your Jeep's engine size. At minimum, you will want to select a fan kit that has four fans.
Most modern Jeep Grand Cherokee models will have an electric radiator fan installed. Whether you’re replacing it with a stock replacement or you want to improve engine performance, there are features that you may find useful.
- Shroud: Some Jeep Grand Cherokee fans and kits will have a plastic or metal fan shroud. This is especially true of performance models. The fan shroud helps to focus the airflow to the entire radiator which can provide more cooling.
- Dual fans: Dual fans can be another option for increasing the airflow to your engine. Dual fans can provide more coverage over a single fan.
When you need to replace the fan assembly in your Jeep, you have a wide selection to choose from.
- OEM: If you want a replacement from the original equipment manufacturer companies, you will want to choose from fans produced by Jeep and Mopar. The company produces OEM parts to the same specifications as the parts that were installed in your Jeep at the factory.
- Aftermarket: You can also choose from companies such as Dorman, Hayden, TYC, and other companies that produce aftermarket fan packages. You may need to make some adjustments to an aftermarket fan kit for it to fit properly under the Grand Cherokee's hood. There are unbranded replacement options available as well.