Converse Athletic Shoes for Men
Originally created for basketball players in 1917, the star sneaker of the Converse company quickly gained traction and heralded the brand as purveyors of a high-performance, comfortable, and supportive athletic shoe. Spurred on by a player named Chuck Taylor who adored and promoted the shoes, the company catered to athletes and grew rapidly. Decades later, everyone enjoys the bright colors of Converse All Star shoes as well as the numerous styles that make this brand beloved over a century later.
What are the different types of Converse shoes?
● High tops are the original Converse shoe design the company created all those years ago. These shoes come over the ankle and feature the circular Converse logo on the side of the shoe.
● Low tops are an alternative that keeps the comfort of the original shoe without the higher style. Low tops look more like traditional athletic sneakers with a lower profile.
● Mid style shoes are a compromise between low and high tops, and fall somewhere in between. They have more of a bootie type look.
Do Converse shoes come in different materials?
● Canvas - Canvas is where it all began for the Converse company. The original material is a solid, classic choice, and today's canvas Converse are still much in demand. Washable and comfortable, canvas sneakers combine with the brand's trademark vulcanized rubber sole for a supportive fit.
● Leather - Converse become sleek and stylish with the addition of a leather option. Genuine, premium leather is an upgrade from traditional canvas.
● Suede - Soft and flexible, suede gives Converse sneakers a plush look and feel that isn't like canvas or leather. Casual yet upscale, suede gives buyers even more options when it comes to shoe texture and look.
What are some of the designs and colors the brand offers?
● Colors - There are many more options than there once was when it comes to Converse color. Choose classic colors like black, white, red, or blue, or opt for something with a little more pop, such as bright pink, orange, or yellow. Converse colors run the gamut and the brand offers something for everyone, and with accents like colored laces on some sneakers, the overall look is fun and aesthetically appealing.
● Designs - Buyers know Converse for their whimsical designs. These range from the American flag to popular comic characters such as Batman, and everything in between. Select camouflage Converse shoes, or shoes embellished with your favorite sports team's logo. Each year the brand releases new styles and fans love to collect their favorites.
● Special Editions - The brand puts out special editions each season, usually collaborations with designers or artists, making them even more sought-after.
How do Converse athletic shoes fit?
● Converse shoes have a unisex fit and the sizes run about a half size up from your average shoe size. The brand offers every shoe to fit men and women, and if you're buying a pair for both genders, simply adjust to accommodate. A man's size 4 is a women's size 6, a 5 equals a women's 7, and so on.