Everything You Need to Know Before Choosing a Concession Window
Whether you are looking to install a new concession window or you want to replace an existing one, you will be happy to learn that you have myriad styles and features from which to choose. You can buy concession trailer windows if an existing model is a good fit for your needs. A kit can help you customize a window to achieve a perfect fit for your new venture.What should you look for when buying a concession window?
Some features add to the convenience and versatility of your window whereas other options are necessary. Keep in mind how you intend to use the product, and choose a concession window kit that will be most suited to your needs.
- Material: Windows that have an aluminum frame and Plexiglas panes will be durable and lightweight.
- Style: Choose sliding doors for use in slow-paced settings. Choose the awning style that can be propped open for a faster pace or for projects that require frequent multitasking.
- Security: Choose a window that can be locked and not opened from the outside.
- Settings: Windows that can be propped or slid open to different widths can provide you with a way to monitor activity outside your truck while you prepare food items.
Choose optional features to customize your concession trailer windows. Options include windows that lock from the inside for security and models that are specifically designed for use as food truck windows.
Some windows have locking hinges that can be propped at various settings to vary the size of the opening. This style may be useful if you need to monitor activity outside your truck while you prepare food or if you want to cross-ventilate the interior of your truck.
A DIY concession window may be the right choice if you want to customize your window's look and functionality. Make your choice based on:
- Size: Window sizes range between 33 inches by 53 inches and 40 inches by 74 inches.
- Style: Most window styles are either sliding, awning, or a combination of both.
- Material: Frames are usually made of aluminum, and panes are made of either window glass or Plexiglas.
- Panes: Windows can have a single pane or several panes.
A used concession window may be a good choice when a new one is beyond your budget. Used windows also give you an additional set of purchasing options, especially if you are looking to replace a food truck window for a model that is no longer in circulation. Used windows are an excellent source of food truck parts and can be matched to food truck accessories you already own. The used, refurbished, and pre-owned categories are a great place to look for vintage windows that could give your truck or trailer a special look.