Complete Engines for Toyota Camry
When your Toyota Camry sedan's engine suffers irreparable damage, replacing the engine is an option instead of buying another car. There are a number of options for complete engines for Toyota Camry to choose from that can be used as a replacement for your sedan.When do you need a complete engine replacement?
There are a number of situations that call for a replacement engine. In some, your vehicle may be disabled and unusable without a replacement, and in others, it may be a way to extend the life of an aging sedan.
- Cracked block: When an engine overheats, the severe pressures that result can crack its main block. This damage isn't repairable without replacing the engine with a replacement.
- Neglected oil changes: Skipping oil changes too frequently can cause excessive wear and tear inside of an engine's headers. This is because not changing the oil filter causes contaminants and metal filings to accumulate in the oil, making it abrasive to the insides of the engine as it circulates. Eventually, the damage will cause the engine to run poorly or fail.
- Water damage: Driving through deep water can cause water to get into the engine's air intake. If water makes it into the engine itself, the corrosion can cause irreparable damage. This also can happen when a vehicle is caught in a flood.
There are several options you can choose when replacing your engine. Whether all of them are available for your year model in your area will vary depending on the car's age and availability.
- Rebuilt engines: A reconditioned used engine is also called a rebuilt engine. In this case, some effort is made to replace parts of the used engine that are damaged or likely to fail soon. A rebuilt engine's life depends on how well it was maintained and its age.
- Remanufactured engines: A used engine can be remanufactured by certified technicians by the original manufacturer. With this option, all of the parts prone to wear and tear are replaced, and the engine is tested to ensure that it is returned to its original state.
- Replacement engines: You can also sometimes buy a replacement engine from your car's manufacturer. They usually come with an extended warranty.
It is, but you will need the expertise to install an engine to your vehicle's powertrain and the equipment needed to lift out the existing one and lower the replacement one into the engine compartment.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota.