Complete Auto Transmissions for Dodge Ram 1500
The Dodge Ram 1500 has been produced since 1994 and features a variety of automatic transmissions designed for performance, towing capacity, and gas mileage. If your Dodge truck needs a new automatic transmission, a wide variety of replacement options exist. When looking for parts that fit the engine in your vehicle, pay attention to the displacement, cylinder count, and fuel used.What transmissions are available for 1994-2001 model years?
The first generation Dodge Ram 1500 came available with three engines - a 3.9 liter V6, a 5.2 liter V8, and a 5.9 liter V8. Trucks with the 3.9 liter V6 in either 2WD or 4WD, as well as trucks with the 5.2 liter V8 in 2WD, came with the A500/42RH-RE transmission. This is a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive and has hydraulic controlled governor pressure. This part can also be interchangeable with automatics found in other vehicles. Some of these include the Dodge Ram Van, Dodge Dakota, Dodge Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee.What transmissions are available for 2002-2008 model years?
The second generation Dodge Ram 1500 featured different powertrains depending on the specific vehicle configuration.
- TorqueFlite 45RFE: This is a 4-speed automatic that was designed for the 2002 Dodge Ram. It works with several vehicle types such as the 3.7 liter V6 or the 4.7 liter V8, and either 2WD or 4WD models.
- TorqueFlite 42RLE: This is also a 4-speed automatic that works with the 2003-2012 Ram with a 3.7 liter V6 and 2WD.
- 545RFE: In 2003, Dodge modified the 45RFE and replaced it with the 545RFE, which features five speeds instead of four. This part was used in vehicles equipped with the 3.7 liter V6 in 4WD or the 4.7 liter V8 in either 2WD or 4WD.
- 545RFE: This gearbox carried over from the previous generation and works with 2009-2012 Rams with the 3.7 liter V6 engine in both 2WD and 4WD. It also works with 2009-2011 Rams with the 4.7 liter V8 in both 2WD and 4WD.
- 65RFE: For 2012, Ram 1500s with the 4.7 liter V8 in 2WD and 4WD came standard with the 65RFE gearbox. This is a six-speed version of the 545RFE.
- ZF 845RE: All Ram 1500s since 2013, regardless of engine, have been equipped with the 845RE, which is a gearbox manufactured by the German company ZF. These gearboxes are available in a wide variety of cars and trucks and include 8 forward speeds to enhance fuel efficiency.