Comme des Garcons Men's Shoes
Comme des Garcons began in 1969, when Japanese designer Rei Kawakubo decided to create an avant-garde fashion line that catered to men and women. The brand has expanded to include additional lines, including Comme des Garcons PLAY, which offers casual streetwear. The diffusion lines, like PLAY and HOMME, are responsible for most of the brand's men's shoe options.What is the Comme des Garcons PLAY x Converse collaboration?
The Comme des Garcons PLAY line has partnered with Chuck Taylor to create a line of canvas sneakers. They have the classic Converse silhouettes, but they are decorated with exclusive Comme des Garcons patterns. They are available in high-top and low-top styles. These sneakers have the following features:
- The patterned styles combine black and white polka dots with the Comme des Garcons heart and eye logo. The shoes are also available in black or white versions, which are also stamped with the logo.
- The flat laces are tied through brushed silver-tone eyelets.
- The soles are constructed out of vulcanized rubber.
- The toe caps have the traditional Converse shape and are made of rubber.
The brand's sneakers are available in U.S. men's sizes ranging from 3M to 15M. Half-sizes are available between 6M and 12M.What styles does Comme des Garcons HOMME PLUS offer?
HOMME PLUS offers an array of men's shoe styles, including:
- Brogues: While the brand's brogues feature some traditional brogue design features, like lace-up front closures and leather uppers, they also have some distinct touches, like pull tabs, thick rubber soles, and color blocking.
- Lace-up shoes: The line's lace-up shoes all have lace fastenings, but beyond that, they differ in terms of style and construction. Some have uppers made from several materials, like goat skin and velour, while others use traditional leather. Some have vibrant color schemes, combining shades like navy, orange, and pink, while others use tones like black, white, and gray. Most of these styles have rubber soles and branded insoles.
HOMME PLUS collaborated with Nike to create a line of brightly colored athletic shoes. The outers are made of artificial leather and polyester, and the soles are made of 100% rubber. They come in many colors, including black, pink, and white.What sizes are available from the HOMME PLUS line?
Many of the shoes in the HOMME PLUS line use Japanese sizing guidelines. The options range from 23 to 31 according to Japanese sizing, which is the equivalent of 5 to 13 in U.S. men's sizing.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Comme des Garcons.